Exercise in the winter....

knailnhair
on 11/22/09 11:38 pm - Milford, NJ
Exercise....in the winter! Or when it's dark outside...

I love to walk outside....now that its dark when I get home, I find myself not doing any exercise and I'm tired of it. I have a treadmill but literally despise walking on it. Just will not do it. Sooo I'm wondering if anyone has any good video's they can recommend? Or any other types of indoor activities to get me thru the winter...we also have the Wii.

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Livewell
on 11/23/09 12:33 am - Chatham, NJ
Kimi,

Do you have a TV set up in front of your treadmill?  If not, I would highly recommend watching an episode or two of something or a movie and you will be amazed at how engrossed you get into what you are watching that you forget what your feet are doing. 

I actually have to practice some of my own advice, because I have started falling into some bad habits again myself in the evenings!

knailnhair
on 11/23/09 3:21 am - Milford, NJ

I have tried doing the treadmill while watching TV, movie, a music station, ipod and anything else you can imagine, even tried reading a book...LOL No luck!

Good luck with your evening habits....it's always something!

Kimi

BooLicious
on 11/23/09 6:24 am - PA

Ugh, I know how you feel.  It's completely dark here by 5:00 pm too.  It just stinks.  Right now I am doing a bike, in front of the tv.  LOL  It's going good, but I know it's gonna be a struggle.

There is always the Wii if you have one of those.  They have different workouts and are pretty good.  I did it for a while, but needed a change.  I might go back to it in a little bit or when I can't do the bike anymore.  I do arm weights too. 

Good luck!!!

Boo

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

knailnhair
on 11/23/09 11:31 pm - Milford, NJ
Thanks Boo!!!

Changing it up is important for me too..altho walking outside never gets boring! LOL

I do have the Wii....love the bowling, step and hula hooping...gonna give that a try. I also just found a Zumba class 3 miles from my home! Gonna give that a try too!!

Good luck to you too!!!

Kimi

BooLicious
on 11/23/09 11:43 pm - PA
Zumba...that sounds fun!!  Let us know how it goes. 

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Pixieland
on 11/24/09 8:35 pm - Davison, MI
Zumba is a BLAST!!  I have taken the classes and also have the videos.  It is quite a good workout.
I know what you mean about the treadmill, it gets dark here in Michigan by 5pm as well and I don't get home from wor****il then.  So it has really been a struggle to get on my treadmill which is in my basement. What I do is put in a load of laundry in the washer and make myself stay on the treadmill until it is ready to go into the dryer at least 3 times a week.  I admit that some days I use the short wash cycle because I am just not into it that day...but at least I am getting on the damn thing!
Another thing I have done is I got a big full year wall calendar, and I have it in the basement on the wall by the treadmill.  I write on the calendar each time I walked, how far and the time it took.  I find this very motivating as it gives me a visual as to how much I am walking and I try to either increase my distance, time or speed each time.  It makes me feel really good when I see it all right there in front of me and helps me to set goals for the next week, month, etc.

Good luck to you as well....have a Happy Thanksgiving!

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Barble
on 11/24/09 1:56 am - South Lyon, MI
Hi,  I recently bought the Jillian Michaels DVD, 30 day shred. Well, all I can say it' s kicked my a$$. I realize how out of shape I am. But it makes me feel good after I do it.  Even tho I call her names thru the jumping jacks and jump rope routine. All you need are hand weights and a mat or carpeting..I hate the DREADMILL too. I'll probably start the wii again soon. Good Luck  Barb
MaMa_M
on 11/29/09 9:46 pm - MI
I use the Wii Fit...I do 30 minutes of arobics a day. The motivator here is to get a better score than the day before. If you have other family members that can do it with you it can be fun to try and beat each other's scores. The Wii Fit II allows you to do it together too.
MaMa M

Most Active