to tell or not to tell

tryingtoloseweight
on 12/16/09 8:20 am

Too funny. I did the six month diet and tried not to lose weight too b/c of insurance! I told only my husband and kids, my closest friend who had already gotten the band, a friend who had the gastric bypass, one friend from work. I told work that I was having surgery and would be fine but preferred not to discuss the specifics of the surgery. Nobody askd twice.  I'm losing but slowly and appreciate not having the pressure of everybody around me wondering why I'm not losing faster. It has, however, been helpful to have a few friends that I can talk to and my husband to give me support.

harley chick
on 12/17/09 2:31 am
I have one more monthly checkup the beginning of January for the 6 month diet.  I've done ok, but only down about 10 lbs. Don't want to lose too much because I'm barely qualifying as it is. Right now I'm leaning towards admitting to hernia surgery for work time off (I do need a repair when they insert the band), but not telling them about the band.  My husband knows of course, and my kids and sisters, but I'm not sure how many other people I will be willing to tell.  I want to lose at my own pace, without the pressure of everyone's expectations.

Most Active