pre-op liquid diet....

tonishea
on 11/22/09 1:12 am - NY

univera required a 15lb weight loss before sugery approval.  the nurse said that the pre-op diet was safe to use to drop the weight, so i did it. i have lost 17lbs in 16days.  its not so bad being on it. i drink the protein shakes and take my vitimans. my question is, can i stay on it til i get banded??? i dont want to start eating again just to have to start the diet again...any advice????

Twinels2
on 11/22/09 3:24 am - Morgantown , PA
when is your surgery? I would think a less strict diet before surgery would have been easier for you to maintain. I have enough trouble with a calorie restricted diet. I can't imagian if I had to go on the post op liquid diet now. If I could do that I wouldn't even need the surgery.
I am not saying you don't need surgey don't get me wrong. I just don't want to see you lose will power and suffer through the liquied diet longer then you have to. don't set yourself up to fail. Having said that you know yourself better then I do. If you can do it and the surgery center thinks it's safe then do what you feel is best for you.

tonishea
on 11/27/09 5:12 am - NY
we are hoping for the end of december!!! i just dont want to tease myself again by eating "real" food.  im going to try to stick with it. thanx for the encouragement!!!!

msparker0820
on 11/24/09 6:57 am - GA
Hi Tonishea,  I was thinking the same thing... this way after the procedure my body won't go into SHOCK  because of the inability to eat until the Band heals approriately in place. I went to my the physician today Emory uses the optifast program... Which is way to expensive for my budget at this time... What protein shake product did you use??????
tonishea
on 11/27/09 5:09 am - NY
that's exactly how i feel. i use bariatric fusion. its not so bad. 135 calories and 27g of protein. you can order online and they have nice selection of flavors. they cost about $35 a tub and u get 25shakes out of each one. if you spend more than $50 shipping is free. www.bariatricfusion.com . good luck 

Most Active