Newbie Help - Little White lie to get through the Holiday.

Tom C.
on 11/19/09 10:12 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

For many folks, this will be the first major holiday that will involve “extended family/friends" since their operation. Some folks are very “protective" concerning their operation decision, and have not told many. And that’s their prerogative. However, now some of these same folks are worrying “how do I cover up not eating like I used to"?

That’s why I am turning to you. What are some helpful “stretched truths" folks can use to ward off those pesky relatives/friends who want to know “why aren’t you eating".

Here are some of mine:

I find I can’t eat as much as I used to.

Guess I’m not too hungry

I am watching what I eat

It seems my eyes are definitely bigger then my stomach

None of your *$^@W^ business :D !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
BooLicious
on 11/20/09 1:00 am - PA

HA HA...I love that last one Tom.  I'd love to say that at my in-laws at the Thanksgiving table.  lol  Wow, the mouths would drop. 

I love your suggestions and I know I am gonna get asked that question "is that all your eating?".  I'm just gonna say "Yep, you know I'm dieting and I have a goal to actually loose a few pounds through the holiday instead of gaining!". 

It's sad we have to prepare for this, but being prepared is the best way to go.  I find when I prepare myself and get a plan for what I am gonna eat then I do just fine.  When I don't take the 2 minutes to think in my head how I'm gonna do...things go bad.  I'm optimistic though.  :)

Boo

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

csurratt
on 11/20/09 11:28 am
Oh I like that one.  I heard somewhere that the average person gains 8 lbs over the holidays so I am going to tell everyone that I am aiming to lose 8 lbs instead.
Twinels2
on 11/21/09 3:34 am - Morgantown , PA
I know the last one is what I would love to say to most people. I would love to lose weight but, I will settle for not gaining.
Most Active