fruits and veggies

jjenls
on 11/12/09 11:50 pm

So I know I shouldn't be worrying about not eating enough, actually I am still on a soft diet, but I'm worried about the long term diet because it doesn't seem like there is enough room for healthy fruits and veggies. If we are supposed to eat 5 servings a day, and we can only have 3 meals of 4-6 oz each and need to eat a lot of protein.... the math doesn't seem to work for me.

Would anyone like to share what they do?

Tom C.
on 11/13/09 2:18 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Every Doctor/Nutritionist is different, and have different ideas - so before you take anyone's word here - ask them

With that said, in the very beginning you won't be able to eat a lot. However, over time you will be able to eat more (now I am not say over eat). That's where your fruit and vegetables come in.

The rules of eating (as told to me) are PROTEIN first - followed by Fiber (fruits/vegetables) - followed by GOOD Carbs.

My normal meal is 4 to 6 ounces of Protein (chicken); 1 - 2 cups of vegetables (Broccoli Normandy) - and if there is room left - salad.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
BooLicious
on 11/13/09 3:04 am - PA
I'm still pretty new, so I'm no pro, but you do find ways to fit them in.  I get them with dinner, and will have some fruits as snacks here and there, or with lunch.  The servings are much smaller then before, but they still get worked in. 

You'll figure it out.  It sucks being where your at because your in a stage of limbo.   I hated that because it was like I couldn't really "start".  Once you get to normal foods you will figure out what works for you and get routines etc. 

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

bandaide09
on 11/13/09 12:08 pm
Every doctor is different.  Mine said eat protein first, then veggies, and then if you have any room left over you can have a few bites of carbs.  Fruit is a carb so I eat very little.  He said I have enough carbs stored in my body so I don't need to eat very many carbs.  Good luck on your journey.

HW: 243  SW: 226  CW: 160   GW: 150 

Most Active