Scared, Nervous, Anxious

BooLicious
on 11/13/09 11:53 am - PA

Good for you!!!  See, you are all ready getting things figured out.  You'll have to let me know how you like them! 

I think I might go make a chicken soup one right now to sip on before bed, I am very low on calories.  I remember the day I used to think that was good, but not now, I need to hit my minimum.  Thats why I LOVE my band  some days I have to make sure I DO eat enough.  Who'd have thought?  lol 

Boo

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Arlene F.
on 11/13/09 1:35 pm
Yes Boo...The only way for me to go is forward ....tomorrow I am getting up early and drinking my shake and going to the store to get my sugar free stuff...So I won't be prowling around.
My hubby and I have a bowling engagement tomorrow nite...eating and drinking is done...but I will take my crystal light and feed my hubby before we go and split before the drinking starts....Hopefully we can pull that off...  Socializing will be a challenge...but I will do it.
I can't wait for the day that I say that I love my band...I love to hear people say that.
Thanks again for your uplifting words.
BooLicious
on 11/16/09 4:30 am - PA
Socializing is hard.  I think it's just like everything else...MODERATION.  I have had a couple glasses of red wine on two occasions and am doing a-ok.  :D

Boo
Boo

12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc

Tom C.
on 11/13/09 2:09 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Arlene,

What you are feeling is perfectly natural. I call this the Weigh Loss Roller-coaster ride. You will have these feeling before and after the operation. Just know we're here.

As for being able to pull it off .. I give you a big HELL YEAH you can do it. But have a "game" plan before going in - and stick to it. And if you (or anyone else) needs, PM me and I will give you my personal phone number so in case you are having problems this Thanksgiving, know I will be on the other end to help (if I can).
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Arlene F.
on 11/13/09 2:53 am
Thanks Tom...I have read your uplifiting words on this board and have felt very positive after reading them.  I can do it...I have to do it....I just have to stop worrying about the NOW and look to the future...I will...
Thank you so much for being supportive.
Arlene
pagirl
on 11/13/09 11:50 am
I am having my surgery on 11-24-09. I am having the same feelings. I start my liquid diet tomorrow afternoon. I am already planning "my last meal". Isn't' that terrible!! I am worried and excited for this adventure. I have been planning and waiting for a long time...but, it is still unbelievable that the surgery is really this close. The liquid diet is going to be difficult because it is SO different from what I am used to.  I have been reading these posts for awhile..but, this is the first time I actually joined in. I definately will be coming here for a lot of support!

Kim
BooLicious
on 11/13/09 11:56 am - PA
Wow, that is next week.  Go ahead and have your last meal, I think most do, just don't go super crazy.  Then, you can start your liquids and feel great and know you are starting something new and better.  I actually felt bad, as in disgusting when I ate my "last meal", it just didn't feel right, but so many people do it and I did too.  LOL  Oh well.  Enjoy!!!

Also, are you from PA...that is where I am from. I feel like there are not a whole lot of bandsters from Pennsylvania, so it's nice to see one.  :D  If indeed, you are. 

Be sure to keep us posted how your surgery goes.  We'll be here for ya!

Boo
Boo

12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc

Arlene F.
on 11/13/09 1:31 pm
Kim, I had my "last' meal and I must have been anxious, it made me ill. So much for the last meal...I told my husband I was going to be sorry I didn't eat it next wee****ep reading the gold liquid diet sheet hoping that it says I can add stuff to my protein drinks...it doesn't...
I am a bit unprepared and have to go out and get my jello and sugar free popscicles.As people have told me in the earlier posts...jello and popscicles seem to help with the need to chew.  I chewed my multivitamin ...that will take some getting used to...It didn't taste bad though. Are you going to the Barix Clinic in Langhorne.  That is where I am going...I am from Pennsy too Boo. I keep reading and hoping and talking with my hubby...he is so willing to help me...I just have to help myself...ya know. Keep in touch and we can trade experiences.
BooLicious
on 11/16/09 4:34 am - PA
Yes, you do have to do it yourself, but having a supportive spouse is almost just as good and it will probably ensure your success.  :)  My hubby's been real supportive too, thank goodness. 

I went to that  Barix like 3 years ago and was looking at rny at the time and then this time I re-looked and liked the Dr. (Dr. Boe) but I went to Reading Hospital's Weight Management Center and they have been wonderful.  I am like 20 minutes from Reading, near Morgantown area.  I really liked the Dr there, and it just worked out. 

Boo
Boo

12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc

Arlene F.
on 11/16/09 5:46 am
Isnt that a small world....I do like Dr. Boe, however I have only met with him the one time. But from what I hear he is a fine doctor and I should not worry.  This clinic is only 8 to 10 minutes from my house so its very convenient.
And my husband has been a real help...he doesn't even want to eat in front of me while I do this liquid diet...tonite I am going to strain the broth off some soup and sip it while he eats...Life goes on ....ya know....I am so in tuned to the smells of food since I am not ingesting it...its amazing how your other senses perk up when you are abstaining...
Still alot of grumbling going on in this belly of mine...I hope it stops...its loud.

af
Most Active