Scared, Nervous, Anxious

Arlene F.
on 11/11/09 10:28 pm
Umm..I had my pre admission testing yesterday and as the meeting went on and I passed all my testing...I started to get over whelmed and anxious and scared.  I sat in my car for a few minutes and cried when it was done...thinking about the 10 liquid diet and can I do this...
Are these normal feelings?  I just don't know.  My surgery date is 11-23-09 and I am having 15 people here for Thanksgiving dinner....My husband is ready to do most of the work.  This dinner was planned before I got my date and most of the people coming do not know about my LapBand plans.  Can I pull this off?  I am a nervous wreck.
SallyWilson
on 11/11/09 10:38 pm
You will  be able to do this with out any problems just make sure you have your liquids ready so you do not need to make them up withall those people around you. I had some of the same feelings when I had mine but all is good I had my surgery mar 26 2009 and I have lost 92 lbs so far. Good luck. 
Pixieland
on 11/12/09 1:28 am - Davison, MI

I had the same feelings as you did.  In fact, 3 days before my surgery I burst into tears just being overwhelmed with the thoughts of how I will have to make changes in my life.  The thing I was seriously most scared of was the 10 day pre-op diet, it was so drastically different than how I normally eat that I wasn't so sure I could stick to it.  AND then....if I fail at my pre-op diet how in the hell could I possibly think I could succeed after surgery!!??

The truth, I did SO much better than I thought I could.  Its not nearly as bad as you think it is once you wrap your brain around what you have to do.   I found that if I got enough protein I wasn't as hungry as I thought I would be. 

I had my surgery on Oct. 16th and am having my first fill on the 17th.  I too am cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner for my family.  Lets just keep our eye on the prize!!  I know we both will be just fine. 

Best Wishes, Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Pixieland
on 11/12/09 1:36 am - Davison, MI

Surgery Oct. 16th...my first fill is scheduled for Nov. 17th.
Just thought I should clarify that...it read funny to me.

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Arlene F.
on 11/12/09 1:57 am
Thank you for your uplifting words...I do know I have to get through the first two days of the pre op diet and it should be easier...however it is daunting and nerve wracking and exciting....I know I should concentrate on the future but the Now is intruding...This weekend starts my liquid pre op diet....I will have positive thoughts and thoughts of the prize...
Today I started throwing things away that will be tempting and just not required to be in the house any longer...Positive actions.
Thanks again and let me know how your first fill goes.
Arlene
Pixieland
on 11/12/09 8:21 am - Davison, MI
I sure will Arlene.  Another great trick is the sugar free popsicles....they are wonderful because you get to chew.  This website has been my most helpful tool throughout this whole process.  You will find answers, help and support right here whenever you need it.
Leslie

dmstear
on 11/18/09 10:27 am
My Dr. told me to just try to lose at least 10 pounds before surgery, and liquid diet is the easiest/fastest way to do it. Most overweight people have enlarged/ fatty livers and it can be difficult for the surgeon to get to our stomachs, thus, they want you to lose a few before surgery. It IS very difficult, so just do your best. Maybe pick your favorite meal of the day, and allow yourself food for that meal, but do liquids the rest of the day?? This way, you have something to look forward to. Good luck, it is hard, and I didn't think I could do it, i did liquids and less foods and lost close to 15 during the pre-op. You will be fine.
Tana10732
on 11/12/09 2:37 am - Thomasville, NC
I finished my 2 week liquid diet that I had after my surgery 10/21.  You can do it!  Try lots of different protein drinks.  I think variety helped me.  When hungry, I ate sf jello so it felt like I was "eating" something.  Good luck to you!  I had my surgery 10/21 and I'm already down 17 lbs!!!

3cc on 12/10/09, 0.8cc on 1/25/10, 1.0 cc on 3/15/10, 1.0 cc on 4/28/10, 0.2 cc on 6/16/10, 0.7 cc on 8/26/10, 0.8 cc on 10/15/10, 1.0 cc on 3/17/11 and 0.3 cc on 6/9/11.  8.8 cc in my 11cc band

HW 258/SW 242/CW 170/GW 140

Tooty
on 11/12/09 6:29 am - Germantown, TN
I got to have a small (low-carb) meal once a day for my pre-op diet, so it wasn't that bad.  The protein really curbs your appetite and after the first few days, it is easy going.

I had the same emotions, it is natural. 

GOOD LUCK!
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
BooLicious
on 11/12/09 9:46 am - PA
I agree with Tooty, after the first couple days it did get easier.  I found the liquids most challenging about a week post op, but by that point you are so close to mushies and softies, the liquid work is almost over.  :)

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Most Active