how much to eat

andrea73
on 11/9/09 5:54 am
I have diarrhea alright.  I think it was from the milk even though I was using Lactaid.  I switched to coffee for my shakes and it seems to be a bit better.  I think the diarrhea is normal when you are on a liquid diet. 

But I am feeling pretty good. I have no idea how much I can drink at one time, because I have not tested the limits and I do not plan to.  I am sipping away because I don't want to make myself sick. 

We have initial restriction due to the swelling of surgery and lose it as we heal and lose weight.  Then have no restriction until we start getting fills.  So initially we cannot count on the band to do the work for us, we have to follow the rules and hope we don't get too hungry.  They call the period with no restriction and lots of hunger "bandsters hell" they only way to get through it is to follow the rules and ignore the hunger. 
8.5 CC in my 11 CC Band

btownk
on 11/9/09 10:54 am
BooLicious
on 11/9/09 12:52 pm - PA
I am like 7 weeks or so out now and I can drink my 8 ounce shake in my 10 minutre car ride to work.  So, while it's still hard now, just know that it will resolve and you'll be able to drink normal, for the most part. 

Sounds like your both off to a great start!!! 

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

over50woman1
on 11/10/09 3:23 am
Banded 11/02 - started mushies today.  I was told no more than 1/2 cup per meal - starting with 40 grams  protein and gradually working up to 60-80 g protein a day. Drink 4 cups of water between each meals.

Margie

OnThePath
on 11/26/09 2:57 am
I have found the same problem... I am 3 weeks post-op and i eat my 1/4 cup protein (scrambled egg beaters, cottage cheese, hummus or tuna) and I am starving!  I called my nutritionist and she said that for ME (meaning maybe not for you) I could add another 1/4 cup to help the feeling.  I really feel that I am psychologically hungry!  It is a hard adjustment for me to eat so little or drink a protein shake and feel full.  My surgeon advised me to drink as much as I would like until i feel full.  So, I think it all depends on the doctor and nutritionist and your own healing expereince!  Good luck !!!
Most Active