Pain at port site

jjenls
on 11/6/09 2:27 am
Hi all,

I was banded exactly one week ago. I'm feeling good, but I have a lot of pain where the port was placed. I didn't have it at first but now it seems to be acting up. My doctor said it was just the area healing. Has anyone else experienced this sort of delayed pain?

Thank you.

Jennifer
shannonmaysmile
on 11/6/09 5:35 am - randolph, NJ
It will eventually go away.  Mine hurt as well, and within 2 weeks I felt much better.

Shannon
dvolumptious1
on 11/6/09 5:41 am
I can't twist a certain way or it feels like my port is going to rip out of my abdomen. I think it takes the body a while to get adjusted to however its placed in there. I know I've lost a lot of inches off of my belly so that may have something to do with it.
jjenls
on 11/6/09 6:27 am
Exactly... it feels like it is ripping my insides when I turn.

Thank you both... I feel much better!
over50woman1
on 11/6/09 11:12 am
Banded 11/2.  Today my port area seems taut.  Hope it's just the healing.

Margie

BooLicious
on 11/6/09 12:00 pm - PA
My port area didn't hurt at first either, then kind of got sore.  Some days I notice little twinges here and there and some days I don't.  So, it will get better.  Have you Dr. check it out at your next appt. 

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

hopeful and happy
on 11/7/09 10:01 pm - Skinnytown, MA
I am 2 weeks out and, like you , starting feeling pain at about 1 week. For me, I think maybe it hurt the whole time, but I was distracted with the other pain, and when it died down, this is the pain that lingers... My port is on my left side, which is where I sleep, so I often wake up with it being extra sore. I think my bras are not helping the situation either!

SwedishBlonde79
on 4/25/11 1:33 am
Ok, I am 6 months post op and my port is killing me at night. I touched it during sleep and woke up screaming. I'm at 9.3 cc's and doing great other than the awful pain in my port. What could it be??

Tom C.
on 4/25/11 2:35 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
SwedishBlonde79 - CALL YOUR DOCTOR!! I don't want to scare you, and it's probably nothing, but it could be something, and only they will know for sure.

I've always said, I rather hear "this is quite normal" than to hear "why didn't you contact us when it first occured".

Let us know what happens.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Dejewels
on 11/14/09 1:49 am - Andrew, IA
It gets better in time.. my was 6 weeks of it hurt like a mother and then one day all of a sudden it just went away.  My dr. gave me patches for localized numbing to get me thru the work days.  If it gets really bad talk to them it helped me.
A better day is a smile away

Most Active