I was banded yesterday!

btownk
on 11/5/09 2:18 am
I did it.  I came home last night.  Everything went great.  I'm little sore, but that's to be expected!  One more week of liquids.  I got the hick ups twice for long periods, will this hurt the band? 

Karen
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 11/5/09 7:54 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Welcome home,  Glad everything went well.  I was banded on 26th and will be on liquids until Nov 11th.  Good luck
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Tom C.
on 11/6/09 1:56 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Wenday,

Congrat TO YOU too, and also I have a place on the loser's bench for you.

Great to see we're all helping each other along our weight loss journey.

Remember we are here for you.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 11/6/09 4:06 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Thanks Tom,
I need the room on the loser's bench.  I be around for help all I can.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Current weight 143  

Pixieland
on 11/6/09 1:41 am - Davison, MI

Hi Karen,
Today is 3 weeks post-op for me.  I feel fantastic and I am down 24 pounds since I started my pre-op diet 4 weeks ago.  That is more than I lost at 8 months of Weigh****chers...I am THRILLED!!   I didn't get the hiccups after so I can't answer your question with any certainty but I don't see how they could hurt the band.  Walk as much as you can, rest as much as you can and keep hydrated.
Good luck with your recovery and my very best wishes to you!

Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Pixieland
on 11/6/09 1:42 am - Davison, MI

Wendy...my best to you as well with your recovery and weight loss journey.
I'm sure you will have GREAT success!!
I didn't mean to leave you out of my first note...sorry about that.

Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 11/6/09 4:05 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Thanks Leslie, 
Hope you have Great Success on you weight loss journey also.  Looks like we'll all be losing together.
 Wendy  

Current weight 143  

Tom C.
on 11/6/09 1:57 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Leslie,

Soooooo happy to see your smiling face, and to know you're already down 24 pounds !! HOW GREAT IS THAT ?!?!?!? Keep up the fantastic work !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Tom C.
on 11/6/09 1:55 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Karen ... First of all CONGRATS and welcome to the Loser's Bench in the Winner's Circle.

Hiccups should not hurt the band. But if you keep on getting them speak to the Doctor.

Know we're here for you !! 

Tom

BooLicious
on 11/6/09 12:17 pm - PA
That is fantastic news!!!  Welcome to the banded life!!!  Keep us posted.

Welcome to you too Lisa!!  :)
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Most Active