shawnao
on 11/3/09 10:04 pm
Hi everyone! I am a newbie here. I am a 32 year old mother of 3 boys, ages 7,4 & 19 months. I have had my appointment with the coordinator as well as all my pretest with the hospital. I meet with the doctor for the first time today! I have no waiting time with my insurance so the coordinatior told me I could be on the schedule in 2 to 3 months! I am very excited to have found this group. Someone tell me how you cope with feeding a husband & 3 boys after banding!
BooLicious
on 11/3/09 10:44 pm - PA

Congrats!!!  What an exciting journey you are starting. 

I have a 4 yo and 18 month old so I understand about the feeding.  My husband just goes along with me.  Whatever I can and do eat he can eat too, he just eats a larger portion.  He's been real supportive and helpful.  Also, the kids are eating health too.  That has always been one of my things as a parent because of my weight struggles, so I hope the cycle ends with me.  Any snacks my kids get are like cheese and crackers, yogurt, SF puddings or jello, graham cracker cookies, the new whole grain fish (you can't even tell the difference).  They do get treats here and there but they don't even know less.  I just know I can't buy and have them foods sitting in front of me all the time and I am not helping myself or my family be doing that.   It makes it easier on me and makes me feel good about healhty eating.  My 4 year old loves knowing she's eating healthy.  I had printed out a kids food pyramid from http://www.mypyramid.gov/KIDS/Kids_game.html  It's a great website and me and my daughter would talk about the foods and meals and what part of the pyramid they would be in.  It has really helped make me stronger with my diet and like I said, it makes me feel good to know I'm passing good, healthy habits and not my old bad one. 

I think the hardest is their meals and not taking a bite or the leftovers.  I just keep telling myself "get rid of it".  If it's sitting there and tempting me I put a napkin on it or toss it right away.  The longer it sits there the harder.  Pizza is the hardest for me.  LOL 

You can do it though.  If you are willing to go through all this work, I am sure you are strong and can make the changes.  It is hard though, but you'll figure it out and what works best for you and your family.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Boo

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Tom C.
on 11/3/09 11:36 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
CONGRATS and WELCOME to the family !!

Also be prepared to go on (what I call) the Weight Loss Roller-coaster. There will be a lot of ups and downs prior to and after the operation, but the ups will outweigh (no pun intended) the downs. Be prepared for some minor "set backs", aggravations, disappointment - but in the end it will all work out.

Remember we are here for you !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active