Hi! I am new!

timmi0813
on 11/2/09 9:37 am
Hi!  I just wanted to introduce my self.  I've been lurking for a while but got my surgery date today and thought it was time to come out of hiding.   My surgery is scheduled for 12/18 assuming my health insurance approves it.  I'm very excited to have it done!  Just to tell you a little about myself,  I am 35 and have 2 little girls ( 10 mo and 4 years)  I currently weigh 254.  I weigh more than 100lbs more than when I got pregnant w/ my first daughter.  2 pregnancies really did me in along w/ the stress of working full time and raising 2 little girls. 
Thanks for all the advice so far and I look forward to getting the surgery!

Rachel DiLo
on 11/2/09 9:40 am
On November 2, 2009 at 5:37 PM Pacific Time, timmi0813 wrote:
Hi!  I just wanted to introduce my self.  I've been lurking for a while but got my surgery date today and thought it was time to come out of hiding.   My surgery is scheduled for 12/18 assuming my health insurance approves it.  I'm very excited to have it done!  Just to tell you a little about myself,  I am 35 and have 2 little girls ( 10 mo and 4 years)  I currently weigh 254.  I weigh more than 100lbs more than when I got pregnant w/ my first daughter.  2 pregnancies really did me in along w/ the stress of working full time and raising 2 little girls. 
Thanks for all the advice so far and I look forward to getting the surgery!
Welcome aboard! I hope everything from now to December goes well. Time will fly by faster than you realize! (no pun intended...well maybe a little LOL)
*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

andrea73
on 11/2/09 9:40 am
Good luck with getting approved.  I am having surgery on Friday.  Yikes! I am also 35 with 2 girls, but mine are almost 8 and 4.
8.5 CC in my 11 CC Band

BooLicious
on 11/2/09 11:54 am - PA
Welcome.   How exciting for you.  I will keep my fingers crossed your insurance goes through with no hitches.  I am sure it will.  

I was banded in September.  I also have 2 young girls (4 and 17 months).  It is hard trying to take care of me when I am so busy, but I am finding as much time as I can.  :D  You'll do great.

Best of luck to you.

Boo
Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Barble
on 11/2/09 12:09 pm - South Lyon, MI
Welcome to the boards. Good luck to you on your approval. Barb

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 11/2/09 1:15 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Welcome to the board.  Hope everything go well with you insurance and you have a speedy approval.  Take this time to learn all you can and you will do fine.  I guess  I'm the odd ball,  I have 2 boys. 7 and 8.  LOL
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Tom C.
on 11/2/09 8:17 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Glad to see you're no longer a lurker !! WELCOME to the family !!  Be prepared to experience what I call the Weight Loss Surgery Roller-coaster. Before and after the operations there will be highs and lows (mostly highs). You're may experience a bump, but don't get discouraged. You will see that "time" will fix whatever the issue is, and you'll be back on your upward swing.

Know no matter what happens, we're here for you !!

I am polishing your place on the loser's bench in our winner's circle !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active