Banded 10-29

Jackie D.
on 11/1/09 4:01 pm, edited 11/1/09 4:15 pm - Highland Park, NJ
Hello.  I just got banded and ugh, am  not feeling very well.  I went back into the hospital today because I had a fever and luckily am just a little sick instead of having pneumonia or something bad like that.  So yeah, coughing up a lot and having lots of coughing with my spirometer air breathing thing.

My incisions are healing well, but I'm finding it hard to sleep as I usually sleep on my stomach.  The pain killers don't agree with me, and make me way too dopey... but luckily the pain is going away faster than I thought it would.

I am weirdly very hungry already.  I'm supposed to be on clear liquids still (and am) but I am definitely looking for something more substantial.  Even an upgrade to the milk-like protein shakes instead of this isopure protein water (which I think is sooo gross and can barely stand drinking) would be an amazing improvement.  Any thoughts?  Was thinking of trying out a pudding or a shake really slow just to see how I do.

Anyway, here I be.  Nice to meet you and any words of wisdom and encouragement would be awesome.

Even though I am feeling kind of crappy now I am happy that my long journey towards the losers bench is over and I can finally look forward to getting healthy again! :D

believeinme
on 11/1/09 8:36 pm
Congrats!!!  I was banded the same day as you!  I'm sorry you are not feeling well, and hope you get better now with each day.

Are you on clears now because of the illness or is this the regular diet progression for your Doc?

Hang in there, it's going to be great in no time......
Jackie D.
on 11/1/09 10:45 pm - Highland Park, NJ
On November 2, 2009 at 4:36 AM Pacific Time, believeinme wrote:
Congrats!!!  I was banded the same day as you!  I'm sorry you are not feeling well, and hope you get better now with each day.

Are you on clears now because of the illness or is this the regular diet progression for your Doc?

Hang in there, it's going to be great in no time......
Hey we are surgery buddies. :D  For some reason I thought I wouldn't be feeling as ill as all this, so sore and tired and so on but... I guess I underestimated the whole "surgery" thing. hehe.

I'm on clears because of the diet program with my doc.  He has pretty much clears for a week, then all liquids for another week and then other stuff as  tolerated up until solid food.  I guess its for the best even though I'm all hungry for all the milky more filling protein shakes in my fridge.

I'll also having a gross bowel problem... I knew I would be gassy and I am but... every time I fart I have really watery stool and have had so since I took the colon clense the day before my surgery.  My doctor says it might be me working out anesthetic or something but... its very weird, didn't see it as a side effect anywhere so just kinda curious.

Thanks for all the support! :D  I'm looking forward to feeling better and better every day. :D
Tom C.
on 11/1/09 11:19 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
>> I'll also having a gross bowel problem... I knew I would be gassy and I am but... every time I fart I have really watery stool and have had so since I took the colon clense the day before my surgery.  My doctor says it might be me working out anesthetic or something but... its very weird, didn't see it as a side effect anywhere so just kinda curious <<

Ahhhhhhhh .. one of the little joys no one warns you about!! Get use to it. This will occur for a while - until you're back on solid foods (and even then it could occur)

So if you don't remember anything .. remember this .. DON'T TRUST A FART !! What may appear to be gaseous may indeed be a liquid (or worst) a solid !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jackie D.
on 11/1/09 11:23 pm - Highland Park, NJ
I'll never trust a fart again! I'm not awesomely happy about it but,... glad to know I'm not the only one.  Thanks!
Tom C.
on 11/1/09 9:23 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hey Jackie !!

Congrats and welcome !! Know what you are feeling is normal. And remember, your body is starting to "detox" so those cravings may continue for a while. Keep following your Doctor's guidelines, and you'll be very successful.

Remember we're always here for you !!

And I have saved you a seat on the Loser's bench in the Winner's Circle.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/09 10:09 pm
Congraulations and welcome to the loosers bench!

Trixie
Jackie D.
on 11/1/09 10:47 pm - Highland Park, NJ
Thank you for all the support. :D  I look forward to talking with you guys more as we continue on this journey together. :)
Tana10732
on 11/1/09 11:37 pm - Thomasville, NC
Congrats on becoming a "loser"!!!  It will get better each day, I promise.  Walk walk walk it will help with the gas!

3cc on 12/10/09, 0.8cc on 1/25/10, 1.0 cc on 3/15/10, 1.0 cc on 4/28/10, 0.2 cc on 6/16/10, 0.7 cc on 8/26/10, 0.8 cc on 10/15/10, 1.0 cc on 3/17/11 and 0.3 cc on 6/9/11.  8.8 cc in my 11cc band

HW 258/SW 242/CW 170/GW 140

dvolumptious1
on 11/2/09 1:12 am

Yes, walk as much as you can and stay active. That will help with the gas. That is the only thing that helped me. I never took any of the pain medication after my surgery. Also, why don't you try mixing 2 scoops of protein powder with slimfast. That was one of the options my doc gave me. I used Strawberry, vanilla and chocolate slimfast high protein and that worked really well.

Most Active