Carb ?????'s

FatGuy
(shrinking)inNC

on 11/1/09 5:08 am
Hopefuully someone can help.  My nut has me on a high protein / low carb <50g for a presurgical diet of 4 weeks.

The nut is on vac for a couple of weeks, she got married, my ? is how do I differentiate between good carbs / bad carbs.  Do I still count the good carbs toward the 50/day.

For example the unjury protein mix has 12g carb per serving yet it is 100% medical whey.   Also V-* juice for example is 8 g carb.

How about a serving of cashew nuts 8 g.

Can anyone give me some advice / help in sorting this out while my nut is away.

Thanks,

FatGuyinNC
Tom C.
on 11/1/09 8:07 am, edited 11/1/09 8:29 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

The simple answer to this question is this: good carbs are unprocessed carbohydrates in their 'natural' state - or very close to their natural state. In other words they have been minimally altered by man or machine (or not altered at all). Most diet experts agree that green vegetables are the 'ultimate' good carbs. In fact, pretty much all 'leafy' vegetables and fruits fit into this category. Beans and legumes are also, generally, included on the 'good carbs' list, as are nuts and seeds. Finally, whole-grain cereal foods - including whole-grain breads and pastas - are considered by many to be good carb foods

http://www.goodcarbs.org/#what_are_good_carbs

Basically stay away from starchy carbs (breads, pasta, etc).

A friend said: subtract any fiber grams from the total carb grams and that's the net carb grams which is what she should be going by. should also tell her that in good carbs, like her V8

If you Google it you should get a lot of answers.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active