Banded Monday 10-26-09

waverly79
on 10/28/09 9:07 am
 Banded Monday I am feeling overwhelming like why did i do this to myself... I have been super emotional and really not feeling like myself.  I feel like I expected to feel better sooner then this. Just want things to go to normal, they way they were. 
 I would love some support at I feeling very overwhelmed and unsure of my choice

cdisanti
on 10/28/09 10:58 am - CA
I was also banded on Monday.I got alot of support  through the hospital. I talked to a pschologist and said I would have those feelings you are having and they will pass.o far I have no regrets and am so excited to see a loss.I hope you feel better and I hope this was the right choice for you ..Good luck and God Bless

BooLicious
on 10/28/09 11:02 am - PA
Please hang in there and DO NOT give up hope.  The first few days were super hard for me.  Then I got hit with the emotional crap of why I had gotten my band, what led me there and just some sadness.  I think being on liquids also was breaking me down and making me weak in body and mind.  Then one day I woke up and things felt a little better, things started getting easier.  I made it to soft foods and all of a sudden me and my band started to bond and get to know each other.  I am only 6 weeks out, but I am feeling great and am VERY happy with my decision.  I predict you will be too...just give it a little time. 

Hang in there...both of you!!!

Boo

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

believeinme
on 10/28/09 11:15 am
so sorry to hear you are feeling so blue...Hang in there, you are probably just around the corner from feeling better and have so much to look forward to.  talk with someone who has been supportive and see if that might help?
waverly79
on 10/28/09 10:38 pm
 Thank you for the replies it really does help a little. Last night I started to feel a little bit less like my life was over. I think a lot of it was due to lack of and food. It was after I was able to gag down one protien shake I started to feel better. And this morning I am definatly better mentally. I was really prepared for my body to hurt but not for this emotional stuff. Guess me and the band do need time to get to know one another, thanks again everyone
kate
Tom C.
on 10/29/09 12:19 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Welcome to what I like to call the WLS Roller-coaster ... you will have a lot of ups and downs .. more UP then downs.

YES what you are feeling IS NORMAL. Not everyone feels this way, but many. Just remember everything will be fine; it will all work out; you are losing weight; and (most importantlyy) WE ARE HERE FOR YOU.

If you feel over-overwhelmed, give me a PM and I will give you my contact info.

Welcome to the Loser's side !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Pixieland
on 10/29/09 2:29 am - Davison, MI
I was banded 10/16 and now almost 2 weeks out I feel great and you will too!! 
Remember the reasons why you chose to get banded...to get healthy, strong and to LIVE your life to the fullest!  It will get easier and you will find your 'new' normal.  Have you started a walking routine?  I find that helps me to not only feel better physically but it does GREAT things for my outlook.  I feel emotionally happier.
Best wishes to you...hang in there!!

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

waverly79
on 10/29/09 3:17 am
 I went to the store with my mom today, I really feel pretty good. I am getting more protien in today and I am feeling better. I dont even think i need a nap but I am going to lay down and rest for little while, I did a lot of walking at the store... I was way proud of myself. ... I even smiled a couple times while I was out... Oh itwas so good to be out... and feel kinda normal. 
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 10/31/09 12:49 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Hi,
I was banded on Monday also.  I am so sorry you are feeling so down.  Hang in there and it will get better.  If you need to chat just pm me.  Good Luck this will pass and you will be a much happier you in no time.   
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Most Active