OH NO - Why can I get 2 pieces of pizza??

Rachel S.
on 10/26/09 8:54 am - Montclair, NJ
I had my 2nd fill on October 5th, for a total of 7 cc's in my band. I am usually full/stuffed if I ate more than 3-4 bites of edamame (soybeans), chicken, pork chop, etc.

Tonight my family ordered pizza. I thought I would be STUFFED after I ate half a slice. But, I was able to eat 2 slices!!!!!!!!!  :(

Does anyone know why I am able to do this now?!!

I was so happy that my band had been able to prevent me from doing this

Rachel DiLo
on 10/26/09 10:26 am
I have that problem every now and then too and I don't know why.

It makes me sad though. I have to get another fill soon though.
*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

crystal M.
on 10/27/09 3:27 am, edited 10/27/09 3:27 am - Joliet, IL

I don't what kind of slice you are talking about.  But last time I ate pizza I could eat 2 slices (about 3x3 in size).  I'm not too disapointed when you consider I used to eat a whole medium pizza before surgery.  But then again it would be nice to just eat one slice and be full.  Maybe on my next fill.  I have 9.2 ccs in my band.   

Tom C.
on 10/27/09 3:47 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Remember the band is over a stomach which is an organ that swells and shrinks. The swells and shrinkage can be effect by time of day, emotional conditions, environmental conditions, etc.

I know some folks who can eat a whole XXXX one day, and not the next day. Or can only tolerate XXX during a certain time of day. Why you were able to do this may remain a mystery.

But now that you know it's possible to do this, the question is "Will you want to chance it again knowing it could lead to an adverse result?"

Remember, the band is a tool. And there are many things we can eat/drink that can cheat the tool.

What you need to ask yourself "Is what I am doing benefiting my weight loss?" Only you can answer that.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Rachel S.
on 10/27/09 7:23 am - Montclair, NJ

Thanks, Tom. You always have good information to share.

Today I was eating baked fish, and I was full after 1/2 of it....I'm glad. I was worried something was wrong with my band since I could eat two slices of p i z z a yesterday.

Tom C.
on 10/27/09 8:29 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Rachel

I am glad to see you're eating well, but please don't think I am the food police. I hope you understand where I was coming from, and what I meant. I will be honest, I am not perfect and sometimes I stray. I was diligent for the first year, but since then I have slips. Everytime that happens, I ask myself "Is what I am eating getting me to my goal? / "is this a temporary thing" / "do I really want to eat this knowing I may gain weight".

If you're good 350 days out of a year, those 15 days you're not isn't going to effect you that much. What you need to stop and take notice is if doing what you are doing will cause you to fall into bad habits.

Knowing you can eat 2 pieces (maybe more) slices of pizza isn't terrible if you know that you will only do it once in a while. If you do it every week, or eat 5 then 6 then 8 slices, then I would be concerned.

Please understand where I was coming from. I wasn't chastising but just giving you “food for thought".

Know I am here for you !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Rachel S.
on 10/28/09 1:51 am - Montclair, NJ
Not at all. I appreciate all the help I can get! :)

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/09 9:01 am
My dietitian said that fatty foods can slide down easier due to the grease and they don't "plug" the pouch due to the greasiness and we can eat more.  She warned me of this and I'm not on my solid food yet.  It was probably because I asked her about eating biscuits which is also a no no.  I hope this helps.
Rachel S.
on 10/28/09 1:53 am - Montclair, NJ
That makes perfect sense! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to know there's not anything wrong with my band, hehe...I do remember thinking the p - i -z - z - a was VERY greasy, too!

dvolumptious1
on 10/27/09 10:58 am
I agree with Atown. It had to be due to the greasiness of pizza that helps it to just slide down.
Most Active