Support Group (Middlesex County, NJ)

jackfre
on 10/25/09 10:42 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15

Does anybody know of any Band only Support Groups in NJ (Middlesex County)?  I do attend a monthly support group but would love to meet more Band members.

Jackie

over50woman1
on 10/25/09 2:37 pm
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/a,messageboard/action,replies/board_id,4833/cat_id,4433/topic_id,3777559/Be the first to leave a comment.

Tom has organized some band support groups in NJ and has also posted this ( above).  I hope it comes through.  How are you doing 2 years out.  I get my band 11/2.  He is great.  I would love to go but I'm from the Poconos in PA

Margie

Tom C.
on 10/25/09 10:29 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
How about Saint Peter's in New Brunswick? They band folks meet every 2nd Tuesday at 6:00 p.m..
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
jackfre
on 10/26/09 12:24 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15
I will plan on attending that one in November.

Jackie

Tom C.
on 10/26/09 6:25 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Great .. I will see you there
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Life is a Beach
on 10/26/09 9:39 am
I'll be banded next month. That group is much closer to me than the one where my surgery is being done. Anyone know for sure if this one is active?
jackfre
on 10/26/09 12:43 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15

Hi Frank
I will be attending the one below, hope to see you there. 
Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Gastric Band Support Groups

Free support groups for gastric band patients. Support groups provide a forum for post-op patients to share experiences, have questions answered, and gain encouragement from peers. Prospective patients are encouraged to attend a support group to learn more about the experiences of others. Topics discussed include post procedure diet, what to expect at the first adjustment, relaxation techniques, exercise strategies, protein requirements, holiday management and other issues of interest to the group. Led by Registered Dietitians or Behavioral Health professionals.

Saint Peter's Hospital
    Meets the 2nd Thursday of each month from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
    Location: Saint Peter's Hospital- 254 Easton Ave - New Brunswick, NJ 08901
      directly adjacent to the the Sister Marie Pazzi Conference Room, which is accessible from the ground (yellow) level of the parking deck.

Jackie

Life is a Beach
on 10/27/09 5:47 am
On October 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM Pacific Time, jackfre wrote:

Hi Frank
I will be attending the one below, hope to see you there. 
Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Gastric Band Support Groups

Free support groups for gastric band patients. Support groups provide a forum for post-op patients to share experiences, have questions answered, and gain encouragement from peers. Prospective patients are encouraged to attend a support group to learn more about the experiences of others. Topics discussed include post procedure diet, what to expect at the first adjustment, relaxation techniques, exercise strategies, protein requirements, holiday management and other issues of interest to the group. Led by Registered Dietitians or Behavioral Health professionals.

Saint Peter's Hospital
    Meets the 2nd Thursday of each month from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
    Location: Saint Peter's Hospital- 254 Easton Ave - New Brunswick, NJ 08901
      directly adjacent to the the Sister Marie Pazzi Conference Room, which is accessible from the ground (yellow) level of the parking deck.
Hi Jackie,
That sounds great. My name is Fran, not Frank... lol  I hope to make the November meeting and meet you too.
Fran
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
Most Active