4 Months Out/Updated Profile

wife2denizmoi
on 10/29/09 2:05 pm
Hmmmm....I believe that slow and steady wins the race. That being said, I am eating a lot of soup and staying away from carbs as much as possible. During the mushy food stage I even had my hubby pour a salad into the blender! Looked gross, but tasted really good. The secret is to taste it with your eyes closed!

I am also eating a lot of Greek yogurt which I love and plain meats...chicken, turkey, fish...hard because I don't cook fish at home....don't like the smell.

As for exercise, I was told I am not doing enough. I have been walking on nice days 2-3 miles. I guess I will get some weights and start doing the Wii again. I was doing that before surgery, but injured both feet and had to stop. One is better, but I'm still nursing the other.

I'm drinking a lot too. That is really hard, but I just keep telling myself that the more I drink, the more weight will come off.  I've also added fiber to my diet. I am diabetic and the fiber seems to help with the sugar absorption for the food that I do eat.  I also think it helps with feeling full.

If you are losing inches, then you are probably gaining muscle and that is why the weight is not falling off as fast....you are probably converting right to muscle and muscle weighs more than fat.... (I think that was a dirty trick, but what can you do?).  I think this in the long run will be a really good thing for you....no flab!

I have been gaugeing weight lost more by the size of clothes that I have been going through more than the pounds. Right now I am wearing clothes that I have not been able to wear in 5 years, so in my book that equals success!

Heidi
BooLicious
on 10/23/09 1:45 am - PA
Sounds like your doing great!!  Keep up the hard work.  Good luck at your next appt!!

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

rvbrat2
on 10/23/09 6:23 pm - Lake Elsinore, CA
Thank you! How are you doing?
over50woman1
on 10/23/09 11:32 am
What has been your total weight loss so far?

Margie

rvbrat2
on 10/23/09 6:17 pm - Lake Elsinore, CA
It's been 4 months & my weight loss so far is about 26 lbs according to  my scale (which is a little higher than the doctors). I go next week for my follow up & will get a more accurate reading.
I like things to happen quickly but the doctor said I am right on schedule with my weight loss, plus going to the gym has really helped as well. I have lost 12 1/2 inches since m surgery. My largest size of clothes was a 22/24 & now I can fit some 16's. Inches really make a difference!
Tom C.
on 10/27/09 10:12 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Lisa,

CONGRATS on your success ... so far :D !!! Keep up the great work !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Tom C.
on 10/29/09 9:09 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Lisa,

CONGRATS on your progress .. SO FAR !! And bless your heart for caring about us.

Well yesterday makes 21 months for me. Down 185 pounds (give or take a pound), and feel GREAT (which doesn't do justice how I feel). My weight loss has slowed to about 5 pounds a month, but I'LL STILL TAKE IT. As long as it's DOWN.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active