4 Months Out/Updated Profile

rvbrat2
on 10/22/09 12:20 pm - Lake Elsinore, CA
It's been forever since I have been on here. I just wanted to stop in & say hello to  you all. I am now 4 months post op & have had only one fill so far. At my three month follow up I explained that I was occasionally vomiting. The doctor said since I still had restriction that I would have to wait 6 weeks for another follow up which is next Thursday 10/29 to see if I could get a fill. Everything is going great, my medication has been cut twice since surgery & I am just focus on working out. I have been training with a trainer at the gym & have lost 12 1/2 inches since surgery but a totoal of 22 1/4 inches since Feb.09. Please keep me updated on how you are doing. I hope all is well with you!!

Take Care,

Lisa
believeinme
on 10/22/09 9:00 pm
That sounds great, Congrats to you!  Do you still have the vomiting?
My surgery is the 29th and I was just wondering...

thanks!
rvbrat2
on 10/22/09 11:48 pm - Lake Elsinore, CA
Thank you for responding. As for the vomiting, it has happened since my follow up but not as much. I was told it could be from the texture of the food I am eating plus not chewing enough. I have been really trying my best to chew until it is dissolved. I am going to start today going back to cream of wheat, jello, soft foods to see how I feel by my next appt. next week.
Congrats on your surgery date! Please keep me posted on your status. I really enjoy hearing peoples stories & their success.

Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/09 11:46 pm
Hi Lisa,

It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job! Congratulations on your progress and keep up the good work!

Trixie
wife2denizmoi
on 10/23/09 12:28 am
Lisa,

Congrats on your progress! I am about a month out and going for my first fill today. I haven't really felt the need, but want to get it in before the holidays. Keep up the good work. I hope to be in your shoes three months from now!

Best,
Heidi
rvbrat2
on 10/23/09 6:22 pm - Lake Elsinore, CA
Congratulations on your surgery. How have you been feeling, how is your weight loss?
I am suppose to get a fill next week, since I have had only one since surgery. When I read profiles on here I see that some are going on their 3rd & 4th fill. I thought maybe something was wrong with me since I have had only one. But the doctor said I still had restriction at my 3 month visit & that I needed to wait otherwise I would be vomiting all the time if he tightened it. I do occasionally get sick but I am trying better to chew, chew, chew. It has helped.
Please keep me updated on how your visit went.

Thanks!

Lisa
wife2denizmoi
on 10/27/09 1:11 pm
Lisa,

I never made it for the fill....don't mind it took me so long to reply...my crazy e-mail. I couldn't see the message. Anyway. I am going tomorrow. I can't imagine getting too many. I mean honestly I think I could wait at this point, but I'm going to get the lay of the land and try it out.  Chewing is paramount! I know what you mean.  I've lost about 22 pounds and have been stable for the last week. I'll let you know how I do.

Heidi
rvbrat2
on 10/27/09 1:57 pm - Lake Elsinore, CA
Thanks for letting me know, once you do get the fill let me know how you are feeling. I go this Thursday. Can't wait to get weighed in : )

Lisa
wife2denizmoi
on 10/28/09 12:04 pm
Lisa,

The fill was easy! I really thought there would be more to it, but I didn't feel a thing! I got about 4cc's in. Now I'm on liquids until saturday and then full liquids for a week. I can tell the difference a little bit....like I can't drink water as fast as I could before. But other than that, so far I can't tell any difference.

Heidi
rvbrat2
on 10/29/09 11:10 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
Glad everything went well with your fill. 4 cc's is what I had at my first fill appt which was 41/2 months a go. I did go today to see the doctor & he said my weight loss is going slow. I am now down 20 lbs. I was very disappointed I was hoping for more. I did get my 2nd fill which was a cc. Like I mentioned I have been so dedicated to the gym, the inches are coming off but the lbs are slow. I go back in 6 weeks for my 6 month follow up, I really want to be done to 200. Do you have any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Lisa
Most Active