Getting back on track.....HELP please!

amyperryman
on 10/20/09 5:00 am - Pleasant Gap, PA
Hello Everyone!
I had my band placed 8/1/08.  I was doing great and  I lost about 29 lbs.  I have had about 2-3 fills.  In November my Grandmother passed away and I lost my way.  I gained 10lbs. back   It's been almost a year and I'm ready to get back on track.  The pity parties are over!! I need to respect my band.  So, I've logged back and I'm ready to start some good habits, again.  Now, I can pretty much eat as much as I want.   I just hope it's not to late.

I have an appointment w/ the Nurse Practitioner at the weight loss clinic on 11/9/09.

Here are some questions for you all...

Is there anything I can do to prepare for my appointment??

Could my pouch be stretched out??

Thanks for your help!
Amy
Tom C.
on 10/20/09 6:14 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Amyperryman,

The prodigal sister has returned !! We will feast on the Largest Protien Drink :D !!

You are already doing everything you need to do to prepare for the appointment. You have admit your issue, you have decided enough is enough, and you are taking charge !! GOOD FOR YOU !!

My only advice is prepare to start over. I would suggest pretending that you just had the operation, and go through all the stages again (liquid, semi-soft foods, soft foods, solids). Not only will you "retrain" yourself, but you will also be "detoxing" from the stuff that makes you crave.

I am not going to lie, it is possible you pouch is stretched, but I highly doubt it. It's only 10 pounds - so don't worry about it.

Remember we're here for you. Glad you returned !!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
amyperryman
on 10/20/09 6:43 am - Pleasant Gap, PA
Thank you sooo much!  I'm feeling better about getting back on track and starting over.

Is there definative test for finding out if I've stretched my pouch?  That is my biggest worry, if you couldn't tell!

I'll be stopping at the grocery store on the way home for some ff jello and protien drinks!
Tom C.
on 10/20/09 8:11 am, edited 10/20/09 8:11 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
The only TRUE test is with the Doctor. They would need to check it out. All the other "try eating this/that" test aren't accurate.

I bet you're fine, and worrying about nothing. Let me know.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
believeinme
on 10/20/09 10:54 am
Well, I'm new and having my surgery on the 29th...Welcome back and it's great that you have deicded to get with your band again.  Best wishes  AMY :)
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 10:35 pm
Welcome back!  I had my band placed in August and am excited to see you are wanting to jump back on track. This is the right place to be for encouragement!

Trixie
Most Active