No weight loss

co13068
on 10/19/09 10:58 pm, edited 10/20/09 3:08 am
I am a newby here. I was banded Sept. 10 2009. I lost a whopping 30 pounds during the pre-op liquid diet and the post of liquid to soft diet. Now since I am a solids, I have only lost 4 pounds in one month. I have actually GAINED 2 pounds this week. I am following the diet to a "T" . I go Tomorrow for my first fill. Did anybody experience a stall or weight gain BEFORE their first fill?

Tom C.
on 10/20/09 12:14 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Co13068 - Fist advice, don't worry too much about the numbers. We all lose weight at different rates.

Depending on what time of the day you weigh yourself, you can see an increase of 2 - 5 pounds (remember your lightest when you first wake up).

Also, scales aren't the best indicator. If you're working out, your may appear to be stopping/slowing/reversing when you are actually losing FAT and gaining/replacing MUSCLE.

Plus if you're a female, and it's almost that time - you can gain some weight.

Talk to your Doctor if you are really concern. That's why they are there.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
arielared
on 10/20/09 2:53 am - Stamford, CT
I was stalled for at least a month, and then on and off since my band on June 15th.  As my doctor keeps saying, be patient, it will happen.  It takes a few fills before you get enough restriction. 

Are you eating no more than one cup full of food at each meal?  How many calories and how many grams of protein?  Are you in the range of 800 calories/day and 60-80 g of protein/day? If yes, then get out there and walk, or do some physical activity. Keep us posted.

Good luck.

dvolumptious1
on 10/20/09 10:54 am
Just got banded Oct 13th but I'm preparing myself for possible weight gain when I start solids bc I know that I haven't been drinking 62 oz of liquids barely getting in 32 a day so once I start to eat, I will drink more in between and will probably gain water weight that I should have had all along.. There are soo many factors.
Catina
on 10/20/09 8:43 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself! I have never gotten in all of my water and I have never had any fills at all. My weight loss today is 70lbs. and I just had my surgery on May 12, 2009.  Just keep in mind that each of us are different and not drinking all of your water might not affect you.

My doctor told me that 64oz. includes all of my fluids not jus****er, so maybe you are getting in 64oz. if you include your proteins shakes.

mzcancer2000
on 10/25/09 4:38 am
I have the same problem. I am really trying to get the water in.

PSJ71
on 10/22/09 8:27 pm - Blanchard, OK
Hi Co!

The answer to your question about a stall before first fill. Yes, I did! I didn't lose any weight after my fill either LOL. I went 7 weeks after surgery before I lost anymore. Then I didn't start really losing anything until a couple of weeks ago. I have had 4 fills. I have finally started to lose consistently it seems now. Hang in there, it will get better. I just think for some of us the shock of having surgery just does something to the body.

Good luck to you.
  Starting WT:  275   Surgery Wt:  248.8   Current Wt: 202.5 Goal:  140

Barble
on 10/25/09 12:35 am, edited 10/25/09 12:36 am - South Lyon, MI
The same thing happened to me when I I started pureered foods. For  2 weeks no weight loss then 5# fell off then 3#. Make sure you measure yourself as well. Last week no weight loss but lost inches in my neck and arms and chest. Its almost like I lose weight  then the following week I lose inches. The inches also vary in different areas of my body week to week. Keep walking. I'm going to start weights and calesthenics this week I'm almost certain I won't lose in the first couple of weeks, may even gain but eventually it will come off. I'm in the same boat. Try to be positive and expect the delays.  barb
Most Active