Hospital stay

hopeful and happy
on 10/19/09 10:42 am - Skinnytown, MA
Hi all, I am excited to tell you that I am ONE WEEK away from surgery! Eek!

I wondered if a few people could tell me how long they were in the hospital after surgery...

I had been told by the office it would be just under 1 day, but I am reading the materials they sent home with me and see that it says 2 days. Assuming all goes according to plan, what is typical?

Thanks!

bandaide09
on 10/19/09 12:18 pm
I went in at 5:00 a.m. and was home by 4:00 p.m. same day.  No problems.  Good luck. I know you are nervous but it will be wonderful.

HW: 243  SW: 226  CW: 160   GW: 150 

Tom C.
on 10/20/09 12:18 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

For me I was in and out in 8 hours. My girlfriend was in and out in 4 hours.

It mostly depends if (A) there are any complications (B) if it's done "open" or
Laparoscopic

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
co13068
on 10/20/09 3:06 am
I was out in 23 hours. I think it depends on your Dr., your condition, the hospitals policies and your insurance. My Dr. has a mandatory 23 hour minumum stay for laproscopic. If it turned out to be an open, due to unforseen issues, then I would have had to stay longer. I would say your office has the right info.
faith S.
on 10/20/09 1:02 pm - Santa Ana, CA
i was there at 6am, surgery at 9:30am, and was out by 12pm
CHVLADY
on 10/20/09 9:22 pm
 My surgery was at 3 PM and I could have gone home the same day but due to being dehydrated I stayed one night.  I am glad I stayed for the fluids, drugs and an adjustable bed!  The nurses were great about leaving me alone so I could sleep.
Rachel S.
on 10/20/09 10:08 pm - Montclair, NJ
My surgery was scheduled for 9:30am, but as usual, the schedule was running behind. I was wheeled back to the OR at 11am and I was discharged home and in my car at 3:30pm.

Pixieland
on 10/20/09 10:21 pm - Davison, MI
I was just banded on 10/16.  My surgery was at 10am and I was home at 3pm.  It was much easier than I expected.  5 days later, I feel great!

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

gotoepy
on 10/26/09 7:24 am
I hope it went well and wish you a speedy recovery!

Eileen
over50woman1
on 10/26/09 8:41 am
Was wondering how it went for you.  I will be in overnight and home the next day after they check placement of the band.  Hope you're doing fine.  One week for me..........................

Margie

Most Active