Gas anyone???

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/09 1:23 am
Hi Everyone!
I was banded yesterday and I have the worse gas.  I feel it braking down, but nothing is exiting.  I have been taking the gas X strips to not avail and walking.  Anyone else had this problem? If so what helped.  I'm dying here.

Tom C.
on 10/17/09 1:55 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
It's probably the gas they gave you - and it's normal. It should (no pun intended) pass - but I still have this issue 20 months out (ok, I know TMI). Try Beano.

However, FAIR WARNING - DON'T TRUST IT. What may see "gaseous" may actually be a "solid" or "liquid".
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Candi G.
on 10/22/09 11:31 pm - Knoxville, TN
OMG I still have crazy gas too!!!  I could definitely go into the TMI but let me just say that I have never in my entire life been as gassy as I have been in the past few months.  I can't imagine how I would be were I allowed to consume carbonated beverages, it would be down right re-donk-u-lous!
If nature had intended our skeletons to be visible, it would have put them on the outside of our bodies.

CHENA
on 10/17/09 4:42 am
The Gas your feeling is perfectly normal...only time and walking will  make it better.

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/09 4:57 am
Thanks lady and gent.  Good to know others have felt the pain.
dvolumptious1
on 10/17/09 8:52 am, edited 10/17/09 8:58 am
I am still having really bad gas and I had my surgery a few days ago. I don't know if it was the hernia repair or what but I can't even swallow saliva w/out it hurting. I take chewable gas-x and try to do as the  song says and "walk it out". lol
kalync
on 10/17/09 10:01 am
Thank you for posting! I've had the same issue...was banded 10-13-09...that's my only "pain"...glad to know it's normal! :-)
Bebe33
on 10/17/09 4:37 pm - Australia
 Hey Love' 

I was banded on Wednesday the 14th of Oct 09 and I thought the gas was also going to kill me' it sure stopped in my tracks it was in my chest and permiated to my left shoulder. Very uncomfortable' but it is normal both my sisters told me ( both banded) Its the gas they pump into us' its definitely painful.

I found deep breathes and walking helping as its referred pain from our diaphragm.  Im 4 days Post Op and it feels great today the gas has almost gone. Im just tender where my port is and thats it :)  6.6lbs down since Wednesday.

ladybugtx18
on 10/18/09 9:52 am - Burleson, TX

Hi!  Congratulations on your surgery.  I was just banded 2 weeks ago and had the same problem.  I was told it's because of all the air they put inside you during surgery.  It has finally gotten a lot better, just within the last three or four days.  Other things you might experience are pain in the shoulder, chest  and neck, but this is normal also.  My neck hurt so badly one night I seriously thought I might be having a heart attack.  Don't want to scare you.  Just want you to be prepared and know that these things are common.

dvolumptious1
on 10/18/09 10:31 am
I was sooo close to getting a professional massage but I knew that the pain from the gas would just tighten my neck and shoulder muscles right back up.
Most Active