popcorn???

hhnewell
on 10/17/09 10:23 am
have any of you banders tried eating popcorn??
Hope

alabamakatie
on 10/17/09 10:32 am
 I eat popcorn all the time and have never had a problem! Make sure you get the light and watch out for those high calories in some of them! I l like the 100 cal bags best! 
Livewell
on 10/17/09 8:49 pm - Chatham, NJ
Unfortunately, popcorn is a very easy snack food for me.  Why unfortunately?  Because I can easily finish a whole bag of light popcorn by myself and not feel stuck or full.  It's my "go to" snack when I am itching for something salty.  You just need to watch the portions.

hhnewell
on 10/18/09 12:38 am
thanks!
Hope

Tom C.
on 10/18/09 4:21 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

I too eat popcorn, occasionally - but I don't buy the "bagged" type. I make my own, either with a hot air popper or microwaved device.

FYI - you can make your own "microwaved bagged" popcorn.

Start with a lunch bag. In it put 6 T plain kernels of popcorn (from a jar of popcorn). Fold down the top of the lunch bag and seal it with scotch tape. Microwave until it stops popping...approx. 2 1/2 to 4 minutes.

Sprinkle with fine salt, garlic powder, FF Parmesan, any Mrs. Dash, cinnamon (makes it taste like Kettle Corn); Stevia...whatever you fancy

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
dvolumptious1
on 10/18/09 10:35 am
Dang, didn't know you could do that. NIce tip.
PSJ71
on 10/18/09 7:24 pm - Blanchard, OK
Wow, Tom! Thank you for that bit of information. I sure didn't know you can make microwave popcorn! That's awesome!
  Starting WT:  275   Surgery Wt:  248.8   Current Wt: 202.5 Goal:  140

Tom C.
on 10/18/09 10:10 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

At home I use the Presto Power Pop Microwave popper, and it does a good job. There are other types too - which could be good.

Here is a listing via Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_0_13?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=microwave+popcorn+popper&sprefix=microwave+pop

As also mentioned, the brown paper lunch bag method is another way - and fun for the kiddies. But be careful not to over-pop, or the bag will catch fire. WATCH IT CAREFULLY !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
wife2denizmoi
on 10/19/09 2:20 pm
Great ideas for the popcorn! Thanks! I have gotten tired of garlic and parmesan over the years! I used to really loveit with a few peanuts and some raisins in it as well.

Heidi
Life is a Beach
on 10/19/09 6:29 am
does it get stuck on anyone?
Most Active