50 lbs to lose

dacape
on 10/15/09 10:34 pm - blue bell , PA

Good morning ! I have tried every attempt at weightloss from Jenny craig/ Weigh****chers/pills/shots and boot camp !  I am frustrated becuase my glucose levels continue to elevate.  I have a family history of diabetes and I am scared to get it ! I was also a gestational diabetic.  Is there somone who has had 50 lbs to lose and has done a lap band or realize band ?  Please share your success !

on 10/16/09 5:38 am
I got banded last April and "only" have ~50lbs to lose. I have only lost 25lbs and have gained some so now I have only lost 23lbs.  Not sure I would have paid for this had I know how it really works. I feel like I don't eat very well. Too much stuff gets stuck ,chicken (wouldn't dare try to eat a piece to steak!) I don't feel full after eating. I know others do but I just had that feeling once! I still have my food issues eating chocolate, ice cream.

Maybe in 6 more months I will feel different if I can lose all the weight I have to.???

The positive is I have kept  the weight off (the initial 20 lbs was from the first 2 months liquid diet after band placement)

You are still going to have to diet, log your food etc. I f I had to do it all again I would not have gotten the band.

Brittnie S.
on 10/18/09 2:36 am - NV
good morning, I got the realize band in March of this year. I had about 150lbs to lose and so far I have lost 100lbs! To me this has been the best decision I have ever made for myself. Everyone is different and entitled to their own opinion. My suggestion to you would be to do as much reseach as possible and go talk to a surgeon and see what they think. Good luck hope that helps.

Most Active