how to tell if band slipped?

garygems
on 10/14/09 1:50 am

Hi All,
I see Dr. Curry is slow with responses and wanted to ask here.

My friend insisted that I try a piece of bread. It was doughy.

When I ate it, I felt like I was about to die, felt so sick, and could not breathe. I did not vomit, thank god. I am only 2 weeks post op and not good with following rules.

I had an esophogram last week, all ok, should i get another one because of this incident? Am I crazy for thinking so? I do not want to have any problems so early on! Please advise.

Ashley A.
on 10/14/09 1:41 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
I wouldn't think you need to get another one. Have you been experiencing any issues since this incident? I would lay off the bread and anything that you would consider a food that will get stuck, you are still healing so I would definitely stay away from these types of food for awhile. I wouldn't think you have slipped your band especially since you didn't vomit. I had the same experience as you less than 2 weeks out..I wasn't very good at following the band rules right away either so I had a stuck episode and thought I was going to die. It was very scary but I think everyone experiences this sooner or later. I hope this helps! Congrats on being banded!

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

wildheart63
on 10/15/09 3:55 am, edited 10/20/09 4:07 am - IL

RULE #1 ....DO NOT LISTEN TO FRIENDS.....THAT BREAD WILL ONLY HURT IN THE END...AS YOU HAVE SEEN.

I AM OVER A YEAR OUT AND DO NOT EAT BREAD AND   'NO' i do not miss it!
good luck

lori

Most Active