Is there room for me on this board and losers bench?

CHVLADY
on 10/13/09 12:45 pm
 Hi!  I was scheduled for RNY on Monday October 12, but decided at the last minute to change to Realize Band.  I am home and resting and walking and sipping after spending one night at the hospital.  I am in very little pain but I am HATING all of the food commercials on TV right now-have not seen one commercial for an appetizing liquid choice :-)  
Deanna45
on 10/14/09 6:20 am - Oak Lawn, IL
 Welocome to the losers bench.  I was Realize Bande on Oct 6 2009.  We can do this one pound at a time.

Deanna
The ground work of all happiness is health.  Leigh Hunt

CHVLADY
on 10/14/09 7:06 am
 How is week two shaping up for you?  The difference between yesterday and today is amazing-I have little pain and I am able to stay awake more during the day.  I am guessing you have had some soft foods by now???
Deanna45
on 10/14/09 8:07 am - Oak Lawn, IL
 I'm doing great.  Friday 10-9-09 I started on puree foods.  I'm now starting to feel hungry, its worse in the evening.  I still like to take a nap, I do get tired in the afternoon.

Deanna
The ground work of all happiness is health.  Leigh Hunt

annagraziano1
on 10/14/09 10:42 am

Hi Deanna,

Sounds like you are doing good.

I am 2wks post op.  had the lap band.  I too need to nap in the afternoon.  Feeling good lost 15lbs but holding for 4 days so I am a little concerned.  But many say it is ok.  I am happy I did this but it is still work and needs attention.  So good luck.  let's talk again\

Anna in Nj

Tom C.
on 10/14/09 9:01 pm, edited 10/15/09 10:28 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Chvlady,

Schooch right up next to me on the Loser's bench in the Winner's circle. We will always have room for another !!

Good luck on your journey, and know we're here for you. One bit of advice - if you want to torture yourself even more - watch the Food Network !! Even at almost 2 years out, I sometimes wonder "why am I doing this to myself :D "

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
CHVLADY
on 10/15/09 9:16 am
 hahaha!  there is no way I could watch the food network!  The commercials are killing me already.  Thanks for the spot next to you!  You are very welcoming and I like that.
Livewell
on 10/15/09 7:28 pm - Chatham, NJ
Your post made me laugh!  This is the very reason that I don'****ch regular TV anymore!  Way too many junk food commercials.  Oh, and forget about the Food Network - those damn cake contests are killer.

Best of luck to you while you recover.  You will be just fine.

Life is a Beach
on 10/19/09 6:45 am
I too changed my mind from RNY to the Realize Band and will have the surgery some time next month. Leave some room for me on the bench please! :)
Tom C.
on 10/20/09 12:19 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Got it reserved, all polished and waiting for you !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active