How to get my Grove Back?

audreynicole
on 10/12/09 12:49 pm - Friendswood, TX
So here is the deal...was doing great.  Had a bad reaction to an antibiotic.  Started vomiting.  Band slipped. 
Band emptied, scoped, once swelling went down band is back in correct place. 
Problem:
I have been banded for 18 months.  As soon as my band was emptied I got hungry.  Not at first but about three days later I am talking really hungry.  So now I have gained five pounds because I can't seem to control my eating.  Has anyone every had to start over again?  I am feeling very sad about having to start my fills over again but happy that my band is back in it's correct placement.  I know I should be really happy that I do not need to have corrective surgery but I am sad about not having control over my eating.  I guess I thought that I would have more self control.  I know that I had surgery because I could not control this in the first place.  Okay now I am rambling.  I just would like to know if there is anyone out there that had to go through something like this?
Thanks!

**Live-Laugh-Love**    Before Band/Current/Goal
       Audrey  
             253          180     143

Tom C.
on 10/12/09 11:07 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
A month or so ago I had problem with weight gain - and (on advice to many) went BACK TO BASICS!! I am happy to say - after 3 weeks I lost all the weight and more.

So MY ADVICE - pretend tomorrow (because you'll need a day) is DAY 1 of your operation. Begin with the liquid stage for 5 - 7 days, then semi soft foods for 5 - 7 days, then soft food 5 - 7 days, and back to real food and see what happens.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active