Has anyone been rebanded?

cameron1209
on 10/10/09 1:30 pm
I'm looking for anyone who has gotten a 2nd band after having a first band put in and later taken out.  I've posted before and the only responses I got were people telling me NOT to get another band and to get sleeved or DS surgery instead.  I had the original lap band back in Jan. 2002 and lost 85lbs.  I went from 225 to 140lbs and was thrilled with my results.  That lasted for almost 7 years until I went to get a fill (the first one I had gotten in almost 7 years).  Over the next several months of trying to get the sweet spot, somehow my band failed (a leak and a dilatation of the esophogus).  I decided to get another band because I loved my first one and I know that they have made many advances in the band over the years.  I was banded 4 days ago with the Realize band, and I am curious of how this will go.  To anyone who has been banded more than once, please I need your imput!

over50woman1
on 10/11/09 10:40 am
Just curious, how did they determine your dilatation of the esoph?  What happens then?  Any prob with foods?  Heartburn?

Margie

crystal M.
on 10/12/09 12:57 am - Joliet, IL
I do know someone on the Illinois board that was recently rebanded.  If you want to talk to him I'm sure he wouldn't mind.  Just go to the Illinois board and go to the roll call, his name is Paul L. 
Kim U.
on 10/12/09 5:47 am
I think its great you got rebanded! It worked for you even though there was a little problem the band worked and I'm glad you stuck with what you know worked for you! It will work again!  
199 here I come! 

paramedic
on 10/13/09 2:25 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi Cameron

I was first banded in 2006. My band slipped and caused a lot of damage. Mainly because the hospital I went to did not know any thing about the band. But my doc in Ontario Canada was fantastic. Well to make a very long story shorter. It took a little more than 8 months for everything to heal. I was rebanded with the new and improved band in 2008. Not one regret. I still believe that this tool is the one of the best wt loss surgeries to have.  The only thing I have noticed with this band it seeems to take a bit long for the wt to come off. But that prob is a good thing, a healthier way to lose wt and to stay healthy also.
 Hope that  helps you can contact me at any time.
Laurie
nativenewyorker64
on 10/13/09 9:36 am - UT
Hi:
I got my first band May 14th 2007 in Mexico. I lost about 60 pounds and really liked my band, but started vomiting daily and having excruciating  stomach pains. I finally got into a doctor in Utah and had an UGI. They thought I didn't have a pouch (that my band was placed to high). I decided to get another band because my band does help me maintain my weight when I am at the proper fill. My stomach feels sooooo much better. The only thing the doctor found was lots of scar tissue on the port and band. He thinks my body was trying to reject the band and that I have a 50/50 chance to reject this band. I lost 13 pounds initially, but have gained 3. I got my first fill at 2 ccs. I definitely need another fill. I am always hungry. Enjoy your new band.

Most Active