Personal update

zparticle
on 10/8/09 12:41 pm
Thought I'd make a post as I'm feeling a little frustrated.  I did make it under 300 pounds by my BDay this past July.  That was nice.  I've been stuck on the slow train though.  I keep bouncing up and down with the same few pounds.  I'm at about 290 now down 90 pounds from my start of 380.  I'm very happy about that but I haven't made any real progress in a 2 or 3 months.

I did go get myself a treadmill last weekend.  I wasn't sure about spending the money but I wanted to be able to continue my daily walking during the winter.  Our first snow was today.  I'm pretty happy with the purchase, even the easy wok out mode is a lot harder than my normal walks.  Hopefully that will get thing moving again.

Anyway I just wanted to express my frustration..

-Scott
Livewell
on 10/8/09 7:29 pm - Chatham, NJ
Scott,

Just so you know, getting a treadmill was the best investment that I ever made!  Once you start going on it, you will become addicted.  Just start off slow and gradually increase your speed and time (and then add inclines!) to keep it interesting.  If you have it in front of a TV, even better.  Time passes so quickly that way.

BTW, 90 lbs is awesome!  Great job on that.  The next 90 won't be easy, but it can be done with lots of diligence and patience.  Keep it up!

Tom C.
on 10/8/09 9:52 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Scott,

First of all, CONGRATS ON YOUR 90 POUNDS LOST!! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT !! Be proud of this fact !!

Secondly, what you are experiencing is normal. The body plateaus. Don't worry too much about it. Plus, you're experiencing what real (skinny) people deal with  their entire lives. LEARN FROM IT !! There will be a time when you finally hit your goal, then what do you do? 

There was a few months when I was bouncing back and forth with the same old pounds. Many wise folks on the board (Livewell being one of them) told me 'GET BACK TO THE BASICS'. So that's what I did.

I pretended I just had the operation, and went through all the phases again. 1 week liquids, 1 week semi soft foods, 1 week soft foods, 1 week normal. And I lost about 10 pounds, and it restarted my loss.

I am back to losing about 5 pounds a month, and I am ok with that. I rather lose something then GAIN ANYTHING !!

Good luck, and remember we're here for you !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active