Port moved???

dmstear
on 10/7/09 11:34 am
I have only had one fill so far, and I still have a tiny scar from the needle under my belly button. However, I now feel the port ABOVE my belly button. There is no doubt, that is where my port is now. How the hell did it move, and even more important, HOW can we get it back or get it stable. What if it's not facing the right way anyomore??? I am supposed to get my second fill next week and I have been waiting for a month and will freak if I cant get a fill.
_Lisa
on 10/7/09 7:31 pm - Lexington, KY
My port definitely moved in between my first & second fills-I have no idea how or why-but my surgeon was not too concerned about it so I'm not that concerned about it.  If you're afraid that its flipped or not stable, I personally would recommend calling your doctor & making an appt much closer so you can see about it before your next fill.
zparticle
on 10/8/09 12:32 pm
Be aware that the port appears to move from where it is when you lay down to where it is when you are standing.  This is because your skin and fat are moving NOT the port.  That may be what you are experiencing. The port is fixed to your muscle.
sknd34
on 10/10/09 9:31 am - West Fargo, ND
I had the same trouble, except that my port was moving. We had trouble accessing it. Each fill would take several pokes. After about six months, the doctor and I said that it was enough and he did surgery to replace it. It was discovered that the port never fastened into the muscle wall like it was supposed of. I have had two fills with the new port and we have gotten it with the first poke each time.
dmstear
on 10/11/09 1:34 pm
Oh no!!! Was the surgery just like the first time around?? That was a pretty painful recovery.
sknd34
on 10/11/09 11:58 pm - West Fargo, ND
It wasn't bad, because they didn't have to mess with the actual band. I had the procedure on Friday and was back to work on Tuesday. I could have gone back on Monday, but took an extra day off for good measure. The incision was tender of course. They had to make a new port incision just below my old one and it took about three weeks to heal. The incision wasn't so bad once I was able to get the stitches out after ten days. No liquid diets or anything like that this time.
Most Active