So upset....

Nicole Wilson
on 9/25/09 12:03 am - Indianapolis, IN
I thought I was doing really good, but when I went to my appt. I gained 3 1/2 lbs and I was sure that I had lost weight.  I am so upset, I know it's only  3 1/2 lbs but that means alot to me.  I did get off track and my doctor advised me to start a food log.  Does anyone know of any good food logs?  I haven't been exercising like I should either so it's my fault that I gained weight.  How do I get back on track?  HELP
wife2denizmoi
on 9/25/09 12:49 am
The realizemysuccess website has a food log as well as sparkpeople. I am using realizemysccess  now, but used sparkpeople for a long time. Its very user friendly and a nice site to work with.

good luck!

-HeidiG (Wife2denizmoi) 

Mary B.
on 9/25/09 12:58 am - Southern, MD
Hey Nicole,
If you dont like the realizemysuccess site, you can track your intake right here on OH.

Go to the "home" page

Under Connect & Share, click "healthtracker"

Then you can list your foods under the nutrition tab.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

jfehnel
on 9/25/09 2:16 am
I am a newby. I had lap band on Mon Sept 21 2009.

Congrats on your weight loss! Have you been happy with it. Did you lose more  in the beginning than recently. I am wondering how I will do. I want to get this weight off now!!Judy
Judy    
wildheart63
on 11/14/09 9:01 am - IL
HEY JUDY
I HAVE BEEN LOSING ALL ALONG ...SOME WEEKS GOOD OTHERS NOTHING. BUT I AM VERY HAPPY BECAUSE I HAVE LOST MANY MANY INCHES AND I FEEL GREAT. I DIDN'T WANT TO LOSE FAST...NO PLASTICS FOR ME,I NEVER PLANNED ON THAT BEING A PART OF MY JOURNEY.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU
LORI
crystal M.
on 9/25/09 1:06 am - Joliet, IL
I use my dailyplate.com.  If you have an Iphone you can download the app for that and I have it at my finger tips where ever I go.  Its great. 
Livewell
on 9/25/09 9:09 pm - Chatham, NJ
Nicole,

3.5lbs could just be water weight or it could even just be the difference in the clothes that you were wearing or the time of day that you got weighed at the doc's office.  I know that it is disappointing, but it sounds like you know what you need to do.  I have used the Daily Plate for tracking food, which I really like.  Good luck!

jfehnel
on 9/28/09 4:44 am
You have done really great! Can you give me details on what you have done? Like protein amount and water and exercise? I had the band last Monday and so far no weight loss.  I would love to loose the amount you have lost . Good job and keep it up!

also do you eat 3 meals and 2 snacks? What kind of exercise do you do? How often?
Judy
Judy    
_Lisa
on 9/28/09 4:57 am - Lexington, KY
I agree w/ the others about using Realize My Success.  The food tracker is good, and it has special ways to mark foods that didn't agree with you or that you hadn't planned to eat.  It has neat charts & graphs too!  

I also like being able to track my fills, and the whole New Me function thing.  
Tom C.
on 9/28/09 10:02 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

I use the Realize My Success site. I know others like the Daily Plate and/or this site to monitor their food intake.

Livewell is correct it could be “water" weight especially if TOM is coming (no not me ;D)

Just make sure you are following the rules: Get your 60 – 80 grams of protein in (this is key to lose weight); drink your 64 ounces of liquid (non-carbonate non-caffeinated); don’t drink 30 minutes before/after or during meals; do “silly" exercise like: walk a flight of stairs, park in furthest point of parking lot; etc.

I hope this was helpful

Know we're here to help in any way we can.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active