Any Advice

Amy G.
on 10/5/09 4:54 am - IL
I am 6 days post surgery, and let me tell you it was a BREEZE!  I was terrifried, I almost even backed out the morning of surgery.  I was scared to death.  I had never been in a hospital, never had surgery....never, ever been ill in my life. 

When I finally got there, the nurses and my doc put all my fears to rest and before I knew it, it was all over.

They told my hubby I would be in recovery for about 3-4 hrs.  But I was on my feet in less than 1 1/2 hrs.  My surgery was at 8:30am and I was in my room by 10:15am.  I woke up with NO pain and was terrified that for some reason they couldnt put the band on.  They assured me that the band was on and surgery was a success.  They did find a hernia but repaired it while in there. 

I am amazed at how fast I am recovering.  Since the night of surgery I have been walking 3-4 miles a day.  My incisions look like fine little lines of hair.  My stretch marks are uglier! lol 

I was on a liquid diet for 3 days post sx but moved to soft foods on Friday.  They told me to start with 1 oz and try to slowly increase to 4oz.  I am still only able to eat approx 3 1/2 oz and start to feel full.  I am not a puker, so I am afraid to pu**** for fear I will get sick. 

Thank You so much to everyone who prayed for me and for their advice.  It was the best choice I made for myself.   Thanks again...

Amy
Tom C.
on 10/5/09 5:09 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Amy,

I (and many folks here) know the JOY you are feeling. Soooooo glad to see you're now on the loser's bench in the winner's circle, and feeling so good. CONGRATS !!

Know we'll be here if you have questions along this wonderful journey.

All the best !!

Tom
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active