BOB Update

sarahjameve
on 9/21/09 10:47 pm - Columbus, OH
Hi 

I am doing well I am down 12 lbs since surgery and 24 since I began the liquid diet on August 24th. I still have some pain and soreness but I think that is partially due to my size. I have been doing at least a 20 minute walk each day since Wednesday some days 40 minutes.

I was on a calorie restricted "liquid" diet prior to surgery for three weeks, it consisted of 5 packets of HMR, I used Chicken and Chocolate flavored www.hmrprogram.com one small green salad with protein (2 oz Tuna), and a frozen meal under 300 calories. I have not had caffeine or alcohol since 8/1/09 either.
I am on a pureed and soft foods diet now or Step II as my Dr calls it. I have had FF or low fat cottage cheese and ricotta, I love seasoned salts or hot sauce in them including www.baconsalt.com. I have also had greek yogurt(thicker and more protein then regular yogurt, like sour cream), refried beans, pureed pot roast (love moms!) and my favorite is a muglette http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1784. I went to a lot of websites and ordered their sample proteins so I couldl decide what I like. I love Isopure Carb Control from GNC (15 grams of protein in an 8 ounce bottle) I take it on walks since it is like a fruit punch. I also like Muscle Milk light, they sell it everywhere but is about 6.99 for 4 at Sams Club or Costco it is about $25 for 18. It is sugar free, 100 calories, lactose free and 15 proteins in a 8 ounce juicebox like container, very convenient and tasty.

these sites are the ones I can remember that all had sample protein mixed packs for about $5-$12, great way to test and not spend the $20
chikenutrition
unjury
smartforme.com
vitalady
bari-good eating

Thats what I can think of for now, remember though that I had RNY the first time and not stapling. Everyone's bodies are diffrerent too and lose at different rates.

Good luck with your process, I am very happy with mine and am expecting a weight stall soon but would be thrilled if it kept at this rate.
Sarah Jam Eve RNY March 6th 2003 BOB September 14th 2009 

Most Active