Casting Call For The REALIZE National TV Campaign

Rachel S.
on 9/21/09 7:58 am, edited 9/21/09 8:02 am - Montclair, NJ
I went to my bariatric surgeon and metabolic physician's offices today. They each had a letter from REALIZE if any REALIZE patient would be interested in appearing in the national TV campaign. I am only 1 month post-op (34 days), so I don't think I could help much in terms of the amount of weight loss you can loose, lol...but, in case anyone is interested here is what it said:

Casting call for the REALIZE national TV campaign

Dear REALIZE Patients,

Weight loss surgery, as you well know, takes commitment and courage - but the rewards as you begin to achieve a healthier weight are tremendous and tranformative. Who better to tell this story than our patients themselves? That's why we're inviting you to become part of our national advertising campaign!

Here's what we're looking for:
 - REALIZE gastric band patient and/or patients using REALIZE mySUCCESS
 - Women and men over the age of 18 of all backgrounds
 - A Body Mass (BMI) of 35 to 40 or greater at the time of surgery
 - Some weight loss success already - but do not have to be at goal weight
 - The ability to feel comfortable and natural while being filmed
 - The ability to speak on camera with confidence
 - The passion to want to tell the world about weight loss surgery

Here's what we don't want:
 - Any medical information whatsoever

The first step is to participate in a casting call. Casting sessions will be held for 2 to 3 weeks beginning in mid-September. If you are interested, please send a recent (within the last few weeks) full-lengh photograph and way for us to contact you to : [email protected] or call (310) 755-6616.

Thank you, and we look forward to meeting you.

Warm Regards,
The REALIZE Team

PS If anyone does this, let me know so I will see you on the commercial ;)

sarahjameve
on 9/21/09 11:01 pm - Columbus, OH
Thanks I just emailed them...
Sarah Jam Eve RNY March 6th 2003 BOB September 14th 2009 

Mary B.
on 9/22/09 11:32 pm - Southern, MD
I had posted this too a couple days ago...I was wondering if we got paid $$$ if we made it to the commercial! LOL

Sign me up. I just need a full length photo!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

luvmy2dogs
on 9/29/09 5:11 am - Chesapeake, VA
Hi, Did you submit your photo?  I submitted my photo, and then they called me and I did the phone interview.  Then they called me back and asked me to submit a tape of myself telling about my weight loss journey.  I did the tape yesterday, but am having trouble converting it to the file they want.  My husband is working on this today.  Also, the paperwork I received does not say they don't want any medical information whatsoever.  Weird.  I repulled my paperwork after reading this.  I got an e-mail from the people at the realizemysuccess website.  That is how I heard about it.
luvmy2dogs
on 9/29/09 5:13 am - Chesapeake, VA
Also, I would think that you would get paid if you make it to the actual commercial.  They said casting is next week in New York and Los Angeles.  Good luck to any of you trying it!  :-D
Most Active