Questions regarding my fill..

MisssBrown
on 9/17/09 10:39 am
A week ago today I had my 2nd fill - it was done under fluro.  My first fill was 3cc's and my last fill was 1cc.

Maybe I'm a little confused or not seeing the 'picture' correctly, but I have no doubt you guys can help answer my questions.

When I had my fill done my doctor completely restricted my band so the barium couldn't get through and then slowly took saline out of my band until it was passing through at a rate he was comfortable with.  Does this mean I have as much fluid in my band as I can have right now?

I feel restriction but I don't feel enough.  I think a very small amount would probably put me right where I need to be.

Thanks! 
PSJ71
on 9/17/09 4:03 pm, edited 9/17/09 4:03 pm - Blanchard, OK
Since we have the same doc, I was thinking the same thing last week and this week. YOu and I have exactly the same amount in our bands. On my first fill, which was done blind, he put in 3 cc. Then the second fill also done blind was 0.5 cc. Then I had the fluoro and ended up only getting another 0.5. So, I was disappointed that it was the exact amount as I would have been given blind. I really thought I would be at 5 cc. I am going to call tomorrow and see if I can set up another fill appointment, but now I just have to decide if I want it under fluoro or blind. Because if I am only getting 0.5 cc either way, then I don't see the point in having to go to registration, get admitted and then waiting to be taken to the x-ray room, when I could be in and out of there in 30 minutes. (shrug) That is a good question though.
  Starting WT:  275   Surgery Wt:  248.8   Current Wt: 202.5 Goal:  140

James M.
on 9/17/09 11:39 pm - SAGINAW, MN
I have had 5 fills so far and am up to 8cc in my 11cc band and finally have great restriction.I can finally see what everyone is talking about(sweet spot) My doc lets me make a new fill appt. for three weeks later at the time of each fill and I am free to cancel if I feel I have good restriction,so far I have not had to cancel but I think I will cancel the next one as I think Im finally there.
I have my fills while standing up and drink water while he is putting in saline,this works great for me as my port is also much easier to find while I stand.
They are very carefull about not overfilling and that is why you only get a little at a time.
Hope this info is helpfull, goodluck
MARTY

Most Active