First fill- only 2.5cc's...is that normal?

crystal M.
on 9/17/09 4:05 am, edited 9/17/09 4:06 am - Joliet, IL
Actually, my Realize Band card says 11ccs.  So maybe there's a new size now. 

My first fill was 5ccs.  I now have 8.3 ccs.  I'm still not at my "sweet spot" I thought for sure that I would be there by now.  I'm getting very impatient.  I have to wait till 10-16 for my 5th fill and I'm counting down the days.  Also all of my fills are done under fluoro.
James M.
on 9/17/09 11:48 pm - SAGINAW, MN
My band is 11cc and after 5 fills I am up to 8cc and dont think I want it any tighter I think this may be the "sweetspot" for me I got 5cc on the first fill but I recall he was going to put in 2.5 or three and he let me talk him into more, My doc will let me have some input as to how much to fill.
Be patient and remember its not a race
Good luck
MARTY

Rachel DiLo
on 9/18/09 11:30 am

My first fill was only 1.5cc, but I did start to eat less for a while. I've gone back and recieved 4 fills and im only up to 4.6cc in a 9cc band. Im really very frustrated because my surgeon keeps saying I should be between 5-6cc's, but this past fill I got last friday the PA gave me .5cc's! My nurse said that the 1.5 he put in the fill before was too much. He said it was big, but that I could handle it. I kind of wanted to argue because I sure can eat, but I didn't. It just stinks because as of the 17th, every fill I get is going to  cost me 20$. Part of me thinks they made that last fill small for more money, but I'm hoping not. I just want to get to my sweet  spot already.

*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

dmstear
on 9/18/09 12:51 pm
Can someone tell me what it feels like to be at the "sweet spot". I only have 2.5cc's and I can feel the food pass through my band, and it is kinda of painful sometimes. Does that mean that i just need to be a little tighter so it's not going through the band, and sits in my pouch? Even though it hurst going down, I can still eat ANY and EVERYthing I want.
Rachel DiLo
on 9/18/09 1:28 pm
im thinking if it HURTS you might want to chew your food a little better. or talk to your doc, cuz it  shouldnt hurt.
*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

peachwood
on 9/21/09 12:39 pm - Milltown, NJ
 This has been a lesson in patience.   I had to wait 90 days(insurance) before I could have a fill so I had no restriction.   Then on 5/11 I got an 8cc fill.  I had restriction for about 8 weeks and then nothing.  I just got my second fill on 9/16 of 2.2 cc for a total of 10.2cc. I have a Realize C band (11cc)  Am I ever tight!!!   Now I understand chewing!!!! and if I do not it hurts.  It has taken 7 months to get here but I feel now the weight will start to come off a little faster.  I am hoping this is the sweet spot. 
Most Active