Help!! Need to get back on track!!!

claravonder
on 9/16/09 2:35 am - Rockvale, TN
I had surgery back in January 2009. I have lost a total of 47 lbs. I have been stuck between 300 and 297 for the last 2 months. I have had 2 fills. I should be at 3 fills but I had car problems and had to cancel one appointment. I have not been able to attend any support groups because of my car issue. I also stay home. I have been out of work since August 2008. About the last month I have been snacking more than usual. Is there anything I can do to jump start my weight loss? I do not want to gain what I have lost. I'm beginning to get frustrated with the whole thing. I think why did I go through this and I'm not seeing the progress I want to. Thanks to anyone that can help me with my problem.
Tom C.
on 9/16/09 4:08 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

First thing to remember, this is all normal. The body will plateau. Then you will start losing all over again - for no reason.

Secondly, be watchful what you're eating. In the beginning we're very very careful what we put in our mouth. As time goes on, we get laxed - and start eating more (or thing we shouldn't).

Thirdly, Go on the Realize My Success (or another website - even OH) and track what you are eating daily.

Fourth - make sure you ARE eating. In order to lose weight, you need to eat. Or the body will go into starvation mode. Make sure you are hitting your protein requirements (60-80 grams) and your liquids (at least 64 ounces)

Fifth - Exercise. Yes we all hate the word - but it helps.

Finally - GET BACK TO THE BASICS !! I recently had a similar issue, and I went back to "square" one. Pretended I was a newly banded patient, and did the liquid stage (for a week) then soft (for a week) then semi-solids (for a week) and back to solids - and I lost weight. You may not want to do it as long as I did.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active