a Day of 

Dancing, Fittness, & Fun!

Saturday, September 26, 2009 

12:30 pm PoleLaTeaz dance class 

& 

1:30 pm lunch at Fox and Hounds Pub and Grill

Polelateaz Atlanta Houston

What: 

WE'RE GOING POLE DANCING!!!  PoleLaTeaz is an  exotic and sensual dance studio (not a strip club). They offer a variety of classes. We will be doing the FREE intro teazer class which gives a demo of pole dancing and it's benefits, and a chance to learn a few sexy dance moves. 

This is an intro class, so nobody is expecting you to swing on a chandelier from your toenails.  It is all about learning something new, getting fit, and having fun.

Description: Teaser Free Intro
Want to find out more about PoleLaTeaz? Come take this free 60 minute Intro class and see what we are about. You will also see a breathtaking demo by one of our instructors. Please wear regular fitness attire. No need to sign up. Just come on by!   

This is a safe, clean, tasteful environment and is set up like a dance studio. NO MEN   NO CHILDREN under 18 are allowed, so you can feel free to let your hair down and have a blast with your girlfriends.

We will leave from the studio for lunch at Fox and Hounds Pub and Grill at 1:30 pm and the fellas are welcome to meet us there.

Why:  Why pole and sensual dance? This type of dance is alot more strenuous than it looks. A good session on the pole can burn more calories than a good session at the gym (promise!). Expect to burn between 250-400 calories per session. We've checked it out, see what else you have to look forward to:

1. Boost self-confidence
2. Develop long, lean muscles(especially abs, arms, & thigh areas)
3. Feminine workout
4. Make new friends
5. Increase Flexibility
6. Shape your waist line
7. Fun,Fun, Fun!

Where: PoleLaTeaz Dance Studio    

2148 Hills Avenue, Suite H2
                     Atlanta, Georgia 30318

404-399-3358

www.polelateaz.com 

* Please use detailed directions at bottom of page. They are better than Mapquest

When :

12:30 pm September 26, 2009 

*** please arrive by 12:20 pm.  Class starts at 12:30 pm. They will not allow you to enter class if you are more than 10 minutes late.  If you are not comfortable dancing yet, please come and watch and cheer us on!

after class

1:30 pm September 26, 2009         

Fox and Hounds Pub and Grill 
1193 Collier Rd NW Atlanta GA 30318  (3-5 minutes from dance studio)
(404) 352-1007 

*** Men are welcome to join us for lunch! Also, if you are not able to participate in the dance class, you are welcome to catch up with the group at lunch.   We'll save a seat for you!

Cost: 
 Poleateaz Dance class is FREE!!!  

Fox and Hound offers a variety of soups, sandwiches, 
                  appetizers and meals ranging from $3 to $15. Saturdays are 
                  $.50 cent wing days.   

They have several wls friendly post op options including hummus dip, pimento cheese dip, soup, and chili.  If you are still on liquids, you may want to bring a wls friendly drink. 

Who: Pre and post op wls patients, and anyone interested in learning more about wls.  Also friends, and supporters are always welcome.  You must be 18 to participate in the class. Men are not allowed in the class.  EVERYONE is welcome to join us for lunch!

Wear: 
Regular work out gym clothes, shorts, tee shirts, sweats, etc.  They suggest sneakers or bare feet.  No nudity is allowed. 

r.s.v.p  by responding to post please!

More info about Polelateaz...

pole_dancing_banner_2.jpg

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- The lights were turned down low and the music was pulsing as Kimberly Wright made her way toward a 16-foot tall dance pole to do some tricks.

Pole dancing carries cardiovascular benefits, says Angela Edwards, owner of studio PoleLaTeaz.

Wright is not an exotic dancer in a strip club. She's a 38-year-old mother of two from Atlanta, Georgia, looking to get in a decent workout.

"It works the abs, oh my goodness, muscles I didn't even know I had," Wright chuckled.

On this night, Wright is among more than a dozen women of all shapes and sizes -- no men allowed -- attending a beginner class at PoleLaTeaz, an Atlanta dance studio owned by Angela Edwards.

"We get preachers' wives, teachers, nurses, accountants, lawyers, anyone between the age of 18 and 70," Edwards said. "It's not boring...you get to wear fun clothes, listen to good music...and release your inner sexpot."

If online listings across the country are an indication, the popularity of pole dancing is spreading across the country from Southern California to Chicago to the Bible Belt.

A former labor and delivery nurse, Edwards opened her own studio two years ago and now has 400 students. She plans to add another location in the fall.

Edwards demonstrated a few moves during an advanced class later in the evening.

She climbed to the top a pole and, clenching her inner thighs, hung upside down.

"The dancing part is where you get the cardiovascular benefits," she said. Then there's "pole-tricking," or doing specific movements balancing your body weight against the pole, such as the "fireman spin."

"That's where you get the weight lifting and weight training," Edwards said.

She mentioned that there is a risk of injury so regardless of their experience, all students start the class with a half-hour warmup using Pilates-like stretches.

Thick mats are placed near the poles as students practice new "tricks," and Edwards encouraged dancers to modify their moves depending on their abilities.

"You see good results," Edwards said. "We have women who come in here 40 to 50 pounds overweight and they drop it in about six to eight months and they get great, nice, hourglass curves."

****ly Rogers is one of those women who have seen results.

"I started last August and I've gone down two dress sizes. I've lost 20 pounds and I feel awesome," she said.

The critical care nurse at an Atlanta hospital admitted that she hurt all over after the first few sessions of pole dancing.

There's another benefit, Rogers said. "This made me feel better about my body. I used to be nervous about my body and try to hide it. Now I'm a lot more open and confident. I stand up straight and feel good about myself."

Rogers is one of the few women wearing shorts and a tank top. Many other students are scantily dressed in lingerie-like outfits.

Almost everyone strapped on stilettos when the dancing got under way. Some of the women said it added to the atmosphere of the class.

"It makes you feel sensual. It makes you feel sexy," said Antigone Locklear, 42, of Atlanta.

Wright said feeling sexy is part of the reason she attended class. Now she's waiting for her husband to install her own dance pole at home.

She smiled. "You know what? I am sexy and yes, pole dancing does put you in the mood."

DIRECTIONS

DIRECTIONS

Pole Studio
2148 Hills Avenue, Suite H2
Atlanta, Georgia 30318

From the West (Douglasville, Mabelton):
Merge onto I-20 East. Take the I-285 BYPASS N exit- EXIT 51B- toward CHATTANOOGA / GREENVILLE. Take Bolton Road exit and bear right off of the exit. Continue onto Bolton Road for about 2.8 miles. Bolton Roade turns into Defoors Ferry Road. Follow for another mile and turn right onto Collier Road(Dry Cleaners on right hand side). Go down hill and make a right onto Defoor Hills Road. (USA Storage will be on your left hand side and a big American flag). Immediately bear right onto Hills Avenue. Make a left at 3rd driveway entrance at the top of the hill. PoleLaTeaz will be on left hand side in Suite H2. Please park in front of building or around the side.

From the south:(Riverdale; College Park, Dowtown Atlanta)
Take 1-75/I-85 North; continue onto 75 North and take exit 252B Howell Mill Road. Make a right off of the exit. At the first stoplight make a left onto Collier Rd(Blockbuster on the left). Follow for one mile. Cross over defoor ave and PASS Patricks and Subs restaurant and go down hill and make a right onto Defoor Hills Road. (USA Storage will be on your left hand side and a big American flag). Immediately bear right onto Hills Avenue. Make a left at 3rd driveway entrance at the top of the hill. PoleLaTeaz will be on left hand side in Suite H2. Please park in front of building or around the side.

From the NorthWest( Marietta, Acworth):
Take 75 South to exit 252 Howell Mill Road. Make a Left off of the exit. At the first stoplight make a left onto Collier Rd(Blockbuster on the left). Follow for one mile. Cross over defoor ave and PASS Patricks and Subs restaurant and Go down hill and make a right onto Defoor Hills Road. (USA Storage will be on your left hand side and a big American flag). Immediately bear right onto Hills Avenue. Make a left at 3rd driveway entrance at the top of the hill. PoleLaTeaz will be on left hand side in Suite H2. Please park in front of building or around the side.

From the north: (Alpharetta, Lawrenceville, Buford)

Take 400 to I-85 South. Merge onto I-75 North take exit 252B Howell Mill Road. Make a right off of the exit. At the first stoplight make a left onto Collier Rd(Blockbuster on the left). Follow for one mile. Cross over defoor ave and PASS Patricks and Subs restaurant and Go down hill and make a right onto Defoor Hills Road. (USA Storage will be on your left hand side and a big American flag). Immediately bear right onto Hills Avenue. Make a left at 3rd driveway entrance at the top of the hill. PoleLaTeaz will be on left hand side in Suite H2. Please park in front of building or around the side.

From the East (Stone Mountain, Decatur, Conyers):

Take I-20 west to I-75/I-85 North. Continue onto 75 North and take exit 252B Howell Mill Road. Make a right off of the exit. At the first stoplight make a left onto Collier Rd(Blockbuster on the left). Follow for one mile. Cross over defoor ave and PASS Patricks and Subs restaurant and Go down hill and make a right onto Defoor Hills Road. (USA Storage will be on your left hand side and a big American flag). Immediately bear right onto Hills Avenue. Make a left at 3rd driveway entrance at the top of the hill. PoleLaTeaz will be on left hand side in Suite H2. Please park in front of building or around the side.
Most Active