TMI post....dumping??

Rachel DiLo
on 9/10/09 3:03 am

im almost 3 months out of surgery and ive noticed since my last fill (which brought me up to 4.3cc in a 9cc band) ive been running the bathroom quite often.

most of the time, its like a do or die situation and i have about 15 seconds before it becomes a laundry emergency. lol i get really bad stomach pains (ladies, almost like where we get cramps) and its like...death on a platter.then when i go to the bathroom, it comes out liquid (for the most part) and im surprised i dont lift off and hit the ceiling lololol

im not eating too much. like yesterday, i had a protein shake and a scoop of scrambled eggs from the dining hall. then for lunch they had chicken stir fry, i ate only the pieces of chicken. i had some peanut butter crackers for a snack. and for dinner, they had chicken wraps and chicken patties. so i had a patty and some of the chicken out of the wrap. for a snack later, i had some gold fish. ive been drinking plenty of water and milk (i thought maybe it was the milk, but this has been going on for about 2 weeks and ive only been drinking it since monday.)

do you think im having a dumping problem? is that even possible w the band? what do i do? im supposed to get another fill tomorrow. help!

*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

sunshine86
on 9/10/09 3:20 am
Oh man... the visual you painted.... I totally giggled.

If it makes you feel any better, I have the same problem pretty frequently. It's strange because I never had these issues pre-op.... but I ALWAYS have to use the bathroom these days.... and it's not always too pretty, LOL.

Pepto Bismal... even though it's disgusting.... seems to help me quite a bit. If it gets really bad, I'll take some immodium. Those both usually shut it right up.

I'm not sure if it's normal... but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone!!!!! :)

HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

crystal M.
on 9/10/09 6:47 am - Joliet, IL

I have the same problem.  It doesn't happen all of the time but I will have a few days that I have to run to the bathroom.  I am actually having this problem right now.  I always take Imodium AD.  I have some in my purse at all times.  Today I have had problems twice already and I can feel it building again.  I don't know why this happens. 

Tom C.
on 9/11/09 12:19 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Rachel,

IMHO (and I am not expert or Doctor) - it sounds as if it's WHAT you are eating (and maybe not what you're eating).

Try to remember, greasy and high-fat foods will "go through us" quicker. Also, if you've been real strict with what you have been eating, and then "go off the wagon" and eat some "junkie" food, our body will try to "dispel the poison" from our system.

Just make sure you eat the proper types of Protein, then fiber then fats/good carbs and see what happens.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
dmstear
on 9/16/09 10:43 am
Rachel,
I completely agree with TOm. Even though chicken and stuff are healthy options, the way they are prepared in a dining hall is usually with lots of poor quality fats- not to mention the quality of the meat. lol. DOn't worry though, I work in a prison and sometimes eat prison food lol. At least you're emptying, I NEVER do. I would love to.
Most Active