Morning Sickness..... and not pregnant.

sunshine86
on 9/10/09 2:20 am, edited 9/10/09 2:21 am
Hey guys,

Just trying to figure out whether or not what I'm experiencing is normal. I'm about 3 months post-op, and due for my third fill in about two weeks.

I am constantly nauseous and queasy. I would equate it to morning sickness.... except I'm not pregnant, lol. Usually it is worst in the morning... and gradually lessens over the course of the day... but occasionally I'll get queasy while sleeping and wake up dry-heaving.

I get sick to my stomach at the drop of a hat.... I rarely go anywhere other than work because I get carsick... and I just generally feel like crap most mornings.

The strange thing is.... even at 6cc's.... I feel little to no restriction. So I'm not sure if this is related to my fill level.... or if it's just a quirky side effect of having the band.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Did it get worse as you got more fills? Did it have any effect at all? 

Thanks for any advice/input/etc!! :)

Edited to add: I both emailed and left a message at my doctor's office, and am waiting to hear back.... just thought I'd ask you guys in the meantime to get  some "real people" perspective. :)

HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

Tom C.
on 9/11/09 12:31 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
(1) Did the Doctor call back? If so, what did they say?

(2) I heard some folks having this problem. One "cure" is to drink something warm before eating (yes - still follow the 30 minute rule if that applies to you). Seems the warmth relaxes the esophagus and/or top of the stomach

(3) Make sure you are drinking enough. This could be a sign of dehydration.

(4) rare chance alert - You make want to make sure you did not have band slippage. I don't want to scare you, but it's best to be sure.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
over50woman1
on 9/11/09 12:56 am
Heidi - sorry to hear you're having trouble.  Can't help you out (I didn't get banded yet).  Good to know you've called Doc.  Please post and let us know what was determined. 

Margie

sunshine86
on 9/11/09 1:48 am
Thank you both for replying! I got an email back from the nurse, and she told me that nausea is fairly common in the beginning. She suggested trying to eat some more protein before bed (not sure why?).

Also told me to be really strict about the 30 minute rule with food and fluids. Honestly I have not been following it as closely as I probably should be.... but I live in AZ and it's so damn hot here!! lol. I think I might buy one of those goofy little egg timers to help keep myself on track.

She also recommended making an appointment to come in and see the doctor if it gets any worse.

I have an appointment scheduled for the 22nd already... I'm self-pay and I hate to neglect my health.... but I honestly cannot afford to go in between now and then (the facility fee alone is $200 every time I go).... so I'm going to hold off.

Sooo...... I'm going back on mostly liquids...... loading up on my Nauzene tablets..... and am gonna tough it out. :)

Thanks again!!
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

williby
on 9/14/09 10:22 pm - Casselberry, FL
I have the same problem in the mornings, not every morning but quite a few.
I found if I have a warm drink and wait for a while then it settles and I can have breakfast.

Some mornings I cant stomach the thought of solid food so I just have my protein shake.

Good luck

Carrie

Most Active