My First Fill!!

knailnhair
on 9/9/09 12:37 am - Milford, NJ
Finally yesterday came...I was sooo nervous and apprehensive. As soon as I saw Dr. Abkin, I was ok. He told me what he was doing each step of the way and was very gentle. While under floro he showed me the port, tubing and my band!!!

I drank some barium, then he added some saline, drank again and it was too tight, so he took some out, drank again and all is good now! I have 6cc's in my band. On liquids till tonight then mushie's then tomorrow solids.

So far so good....feeling great!!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

MissRachel
on 9/9/09 5:42 pm
 Feels good to have that first one out of the way, doesn't it?  Yay!  Glad you had a great experience!

knailnhair
on 9/10/09 12:01 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks Rachel...I agree..glad the first one is down!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Arlene F.
on 9/10/09 12:27 am
Rachel DiLo
on 9/10/09 3:07 am
thats awesome! i was really excited for  me first fill...even tho it wasnt much lol

im going for my 4th fill tomorrow, and hopefully that will bring me up to at least 5cc's. My dr doesnt do it with floro..but eh, its ok! im still losing.

im so curious what its like to have the perfect restriction. what does it feel like? hope everything stays kosher! =)
*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

Rachel S.
on 9/10/09 6:49 am - Montclair, NJ
Wow, I'm jealous. I had my first fill yesterday - 4 ml's. But, I am on clear liquids for 3 days and full liquids for 7 days. I hope I won't die of starvation during the 10 days till I can have soft/pureed foods again, LOL...well, I know I won't - but, it will feel like it ;)

Livewell
on 9/11/09 8:30 pm - Chatham, NJ
Wow, 6ccs on the first fill??  That's pretty aggressive . . . but, I will bet that you will definitely feel the difference now!  Let us know how you make out with it.

dmstear
on 9/16/09 10:40 am
I had my first fill today, and he only put in 2.5 cc's. I can't feel any difference when I eat. I know I may be jumping the gun a bit, so I am gonna give it a few days before I really get upset. Also, my dr wont even see me again for 4 wks, even if i have NO restriction. I've gained 4lbs since my surgery 6wks ago and am really starting to get impatient. Thanks for listening. I can't believe you had 6cc on your first fill, that's awaesome
sunshine86
on 9/17/09 7:01 am
YAY!!! Congrats on surviving your first fill!!! :)

I was absolutely TERRIFIED when it was time for mine... I have a HUGE needle phobia, and was faint just sitting in the waiting room, lol.

It turned out to be a breeze! I didn't feel a thing.... it was over with in just a few seconds!

I'm glad everything went well.... I know it definitely made my second fill a LOT less scary because I knew what to expect :)
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

Most Active