Question for Ladies only

SukieSookie
on 9/8/09 4:50 am
I've read and heard that around that "time of the month" your band can feel tighter. So I got my "friend" last night and No, I don't feel tighter. But I do feel like I'm going to throw up. It's a contstant nauseated feeling. Could this be how I'm experiencing the tightness of the band during my monthly visitor? Has anyone else gone thru t his?

Any advice is really appreciated!
Hugs

SukieSookie
on 9/8/09 8:16 am
Anyone?

Tom C.
on 9/8/09 8:56 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Sukie,

While I cannot speak from experience, I have heard many women feel more restriction before/during "their freindly vistor". 

I can only imagine one of the feeling would be a "sickness" because it is tighter. But again, I can't tell you for sure.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
SukieSookie
on 9/8/09 8:16 am
crystal M.
on 9/8/09 9:34 am - Joliet, IL
I don't experience this because I take medicine to not get my period.  So since March I have spotted a couple of times and never had a sensation of extra restriction.  Although, I would be happy to have the extra restriction.
kathkeb
on 9/8/09 12:24 pm
Sorry I can't help much.

My last period was the day before, during and after my surgery --- I am peri-menopausal, so I go for months between cycles --- yee haa!

I would think that your hormonal level could be making you feel nauseous.

Try to eat light for a few days and if you don't feel better, call your doctor's office.
If you actually start to vomit, I think you should call also.
Kath

katie20657
on 9/10/09 11:44 am
Hi SukieSookie,  I am just the opposite, I can eat just about anything during my cycle.  I am now geting it every 3 weeks  - for 2 years now - so I am looking forward to never having it again..  At least it only lasts 3 days, lol. 
I find if I have SF popsicles it helps.  I also increase my protein by adding an Isopure to keep the edge off and I don't overeat.
 I pray you feel better soon.

Livewell
on 9/11/09 8:28 pm - Chatham, NJ
Sukie,

Did you just have surgery in August?  If so, then you will likely not feel any difference during your monthly cycles at this stage.  I didn't really feel any difference until about 5 months or so out when I could actually start to feel some real restriction with my band.  Typically, the week before, you will have the munchies just like before and then during that week, things tighten up a little.  Some people complain that it tightens up too much, but since my band is still pretty loose, I haven't experienced any major issues.  If you can, try not to live with a band that is ultra tight or you will likely be miserable during this time.  Good luck!

Most Active