Finally!!!

PSJ71
on 9/8/09 12:51 pm - Blanchard, OK
Hi all,

It has been 8 weeks since my surgery and have fluctuated between 9 and 12 pounds of weight loss since that time. I am on my cycle this week, but was thrilled this morning when I got on the scale and had a 2-pound loss since last Tuesday!! Not sure why I had hit what I guess was a plateau so early in the game, but I was so frustrated. I am hoping this will continue next week. I'm sure gonna try!

So, FINALLY, this brings my weight loss since surgery to 14 pounds!!!! Yipee!! I will take whatever I can get!

Thank you for reading!
  Starting WT:  275   Surgery Wt:  248.8   Current Wt: 202.5 Goal:  140

wife2denizmoi
on 9/8/09 2:31 pm
Congratulations!
-Heidi
MissRachel
on 9/8/09 4:42 pm
 Awesome!  I'm happy for you!  

Tom C.
on 9/8/09 11:32 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Good for you !!! Keep up the great success !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
amynicole
on 9/9/09 1:25 am
I'm so glad to hear someone else had the same problem I am having! I have been so upset that I'm still on liquids and am not losing anything.  I lost 8 lbs the week after surgery, I am now 3 weeks out and have gained back one of the 8 lbs.  Thanks for posting this, you have given me hope .  Congratulations on the 2lbs!
PSJ71
on 9/9/09 6:43 pm - Blanchard, OK
Hi Amy,

I know. It has been a relief to me to know that I have not been alone in not losing much weight after surgery. I have read a few people who have had the same problem. I wonder if it could have something to do with the fact of dieting for 3 months prior to having the surgery and then the shock of the liquids for 10 days then the liquids for so long postop. I just think sometimes our bodies go through some funny things and try to catch up with everything. So, I am praying that the weight loss will start. I go this morning to have my third fill under fluoro with D
r. G. Hang in there Amy, because like I said previously. I went into the hospital at 248.8 and had lost only 9 pounds during the preop diet. Then I had lost 9 pounds a week after surgery and then just kept jumping back and forth from 236 to 240 for the last 7 weeks. Finally a 2-pound loss this week. It almost feels like 20 because of not losing any for so long. I wanted to scream and jump up and down for that darn 2 pounds!! I will let you know how this third fill goes. I just hope I get a lot more restriction than what I have.

Hang in there kiddo!

MisssBrown
on 9/13/09 2:32 am
Yay! Congrats!

I was having a small problem of not losing much but after my first fill I lost 9lbs in a week.  I was so happy! 

I had my 2nd fill under fluro last Thursday and I've noticed a big difference.  Hopefully, you'll have good luck after your fill.  How much fluid do you have in your band now?

PSJ71
on 9/13/09 9:56 pm - Blanchard, OK
Hi Missbrown!

That's awesome! I had mine under fluoro this past Thursday as well, which brought me to 4 cc in my band. Unfortunately, though, I think I am going to have to schedule another one! I couldn't believe there was only .5 cc put in during the fluoro, and I still don't feel restricted. So, I am going to wait this week and see how all goes. How much do you have in your band?

MisssBrown
on 9/14/09 11:32 am, edited 9/14/09 11:35 am

I have had two fills and have 4 cc's in my band.  I'm a medical nerd so I LOVED being able to see my band/port and watching the fill under fluro.  I'll always have my fills under fluro.

I always give it atleast 4 days before determining if I need another fill.  That gives me enough time to really see how things are going.  If I fill I need another fill I call on that Friday so I can get in the next week.  Do you know if he only does fills under fluro on certain days? 

I hope all is going well! :)

PSJ71
on 9/15/09 9:48 am - Blanchard, OK
Hi Missbrown,

I, too, love anything to do with medicine! I am a medical transcriptionist, so it is wonderful being able to see an actual procedure. I wish I could have had my surgery recorded! lol Although, I watched a REalize band placement on Youtube, but I wouldn't have minded seeing my own insides lol

Anyway, as for having a fill on certain days, I really don't think so, because when I went in to have a blind fill done, Sarah told me if I wanted to wait, I could have come back the next day, which was Tuesday, to have it done, but I opted to just do it blind on the 2nd fill. My last fill was done on Thursday, so I really don't think there is any set days he does them. I am going to call at the end of the week and schedule yet another one, though, because I had 3 ounces of roast and 1/4 cup of green beans tonight and here it is 2 hours later and feeling hungry again. What is strange to me is the fact that if I take too big a bite I get stuck, and I tend to get stuck a little more frequently, but yet my restriction is still not there. I had NO signals of being full when I finished my portions tonight. I just stopped because I knew not to eat anymore. I had finally lost 2 pounds last week and hadn't lost anything in 7 weeks, and today, I am still at the same 2-pound loss as last week.

So, I am scheduling another fill for next week, hopefully.

Keep me posted on how you are doing! I'm here if you need to talk!

Paulette

Most Active