Question??

sheekau
on 9/7/09 3:30 am

Hi everyone!! I just wanted to ask about something that I read in another post....does carbonated drinks really cause the pouch to stretch??

I drink diet sodas sometimes, and would like to know if I am doing myself any harm.

lucybarreto
on 9/7/09 8:25 am
everyone is different, some people tolerate diet soda and some don;t it depends on what your doctor says.  If you can tolerate it  and drink it with in purportion then you should not have any trouble, why don;t  you go to the chat room you can ask many questions there,. 

from a friend Lucy
wildheart63
on 9/8/09 1:43 am - IL
my doc and nut(who is a band patient) says not for the first year...it causes the pouch to feel full because oif the carbonation....and not so much stretching...the reason is because they want you to feel full on solid protein not pop. i have not had any for over two years and have not missed it at all.

DitzyBlonde
on 9/15/09 3:31 am, edited 9/15/09 3:32 am - AL
When I went to the nutrition class before I had surgery she told everyone "if you can't give up carbonated beverages then please leave the class and go downstairs and get a refund on the cost of the class."  She said we could never have them again.   I haven't had any carbonated drinks since my surgery in January and don't miss them at all.  I use to buy 5-6 64 ounce Diet Mt. Dew's a week!   The nut said carbonated drinks would erode the band.

Most Active