How much should I be eating?

Pammie0568
on 9/5/09 2:25 pm
I just started Phase 3 diet....I was staying hungry all the time. The diet sheet given me by the dr's office was for gastric bypass patients, as well as band patients. It says I should eat able one ounce at a time. However, with that amount, I'm still starving. I talked with a friend of mine who has had the surgery. She said she ate the correct foods, but was able to eat about 4 ounces before feeling full. Is it okay to eat that much just two weeks out?

I know I seem to be full of questions, but I just want to make sure I do the right things. It's a holiday weekend and I can't in touch my dr's office.

I really appreciate all of the responses I'm getting and the support!

Thanks!
skelly
on 9/6/09 4:47 am - Garland, TX
REALIZE Band on 05/04/09 with
I'm not sure what foods you are allowed at "Phase 3" (every doctor's diets are different) but if you are sticking to the list of foods that your doctor has provided for that phase, then what I did was just eat until I was satisfied.  Just eat very slowly, chew very well, and try to learn the signals that your stomach will send to let you know when to stop eating.  For me, early on, I would get a full feeling at the back of my throat that felt like I should drink something to wa**** down (not that I would drink while I ate, just felt like I wanted to).  I don't really get that feeling anymore, but I will tend to burp a couple of time when I have had enough.

At two weeks out, I may have bee able to eat 4 ounces or more of chili, but maybe only 3 ounces of finely minced chicken salad.  Depended on the food and how moist and dense it was.  Just experiment with different foods on your doctor's list.  You will find the foods and quantities that work best for your band and keep you satisfied.

LIsa M.
on 9/6/09 2:09 pm - Manahawkin, NJ
I'm two weeks out and i find that most things i can ear 2-4 ounces at a time.
Most Active