I'm so ready!!

Pixieland
on 9/3/09 11:55 am - Davison, MI
Hi Everyone!
I'm pre-op and expect to get my surgery date next week when I go back to the Behavorial Psychologist for her recommendations from my Psych Eval.  She already told me that she will make no conditions and that she thinks I am a good candidate for the band.  I'm expecting my surgery date to be in October sometime. 

I went to my very first support group last night.  It was 2 hours but I honestly could have sat there all night long listening to the conversation.  I feel that this forum, and the group is invaluable...I feel I am going into this completely researched, confident and prepared!

I know that it will be difficult, challenging, inspiring and rewarding!  I am so ready to do this.

My oldest girl who is 29 just got married last March.  My mother who is 79  got up and spoke at the reception of her love and pride for her grand-daughter/my daughter.  I KNEW at that moment I needed to make sure I was going to be at my grand-child's wedding.  I have to be ALIVE and HEALTHY for my future grandbabies!! 

I thank you all for your posts.  I hope that when my time comes, I can pass on my experience, advice, and encouragement to others just as you have done.
My Very Best Regards to you all,
Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

MissRachel
on 9/3/09 6:15 pm
 Hi Leslie!  Getting that surgery date is SO motivating!  I hope you have your date set at your next appointment and can start counting down the days.

And what a wonderful story about your daughter's wedding!  That is an excellent goal - being healthy so the next generation of your family will get to enjoy you - and vice versa, of course :)

Take care and keep us posted on your surgery date!
Rachel

Tom C.
on 9/3/09 10:24 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hi Leslie,

Congrats on your decision, and upcoming surgery. Be prepared to be on (what I like to call) the "Obesity Weight Loss Surgery Roller-coaster". They will be some lows, many highs and a dips or two before surgery day, but remember no matter how long it takes, it worth the ride.

Know we're here for you !!

And you have a 29 year old ?!?!? You must have be 10 when you had her :D !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active