Post Weight Loss Questions/Skin reduction Surgery?

mfeagan
on 9/3/09 3:38 am

Wow! I have had so many great people give me some great advice about the Realize Band. I have made an appointment to go to the Educational Seminar and start the ball rolling. My insurance covers 80% of the surgery and I am stoked! I can't wait for the new me!

As someone who likes to think ahead...I was wondering how many of you have had to have surgery to have excess skin removed. I know I need to lose a little over 100 pounds and hope I won't have a lot of extra skin left over! If I do, I would probably have a surgery to get it removed...depending on where it is!

Anyway...if you did go through this, did your insurance pay for it because it was a result of this surgery or did you have to pay out of pocket? I want to know now so I can begin to put money aside for the future!

Thanks!

wildheart63
on 9/3/09 5:21 am - IL
i am going to tell you my story...i had over a 100lbs to lose...but i chose the band because it is a slower loss and that means no fast saggy skin to deal with. at this time i am doing great and i will not need ....nor do i want to have plastics...if you work out ...sit ups on the ball, push ups on the wall...ect.....i will do what i have to ...not to go thru it......you can do this just put your mind to it.
lori

mfeagan
on 9/8/09 1:09 am
I thought I would hear answers like this. I have over 100lbs to lose and am young - I figure as long as I try to replace a lot of that fat with muscle! I already do strength training exercises, so I am sure I won't have much sagging skin. My stomach is probably going to be the worst area, but I plan to have children...so I'll worry about the stomach when we're done having children!

Thanks for your help!
Carolen
on 9/3/09 1:33 pm - Cincinnati, OH
Sorry, I have not had surgery... BUT, I plan to when I have lost all my planned weight.  So, go you for educating yourself ahead of time in case you decide to do so.

Most Active