I need some reassurance!

Tom C.
on 9/3/09 6:35 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
MissBrown,

I know how overwhelmed you feel. It's normal. Just remember this .. You have a WHOLE BUNCH OF FRIENDS HERE who are willing to help. Always feel free to PM me if you have questions (with that said, I will be on vacation this weekend - and I am not sure if how much internet access I will have).

Good luck to you on your journey.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
MissRachel
on 9/3/09 6:43 pm
I, too, am totally freaked out about getting something stuck!  But - and knock on wood - it hasn't happened yet.  I was banded on 7/10/09, had my first fill on 8/17 (5.5cc), didn't get restriction of any kind, had another fill on 8/21 (another 2cc), and now feel pretty lasting restriction.  I eat SUPER slow and chew until it is just smooth as can be.  The few times I've eaten faster and not chewed as well I've gotten the hiccups.  But so far so good on nothing getting stuck. I follow the rules almost 100% on foods to eat and am back on solids - even things like turkey sausage.  

If I can slow down when I eat and chew that good - anyone can!  It's like learning a new skill - lol! 

I don't know if this is a helpful suggestion for you on not stretching the pouch but it was for me.  Someone at my support group told me to buy the 1/2 cup size Rubbermaid containers and fill those with food I'd prepared.  Our doctor recommends no more than 1/2 cup at each sitting.  So those are perfect and i don't have to weigh/measure it all out prior to cooking.  I was struggling with that because it took so long.  I fix whatever I want to eat in the amount the recipe calls for - di**** out in the containers, eat one, and then have leftovers to take for lunch etc.  If I'm still hungry after I eat my 1/2 cup (which is rare) then I eat a handful of raw walnuts or something like that.  It makes it easy for work and school, too - I have all kinds of containers filled with foods I like and can just throw a couple in the little cooler I take with me. 

Take care!  
Rachel

Most Active