Pain at port site - 4 weeks post op

Dejewels
on 9/1/09 12:09 pm - Andrew, IA

How long does the soreness last averagely for the port healing.  I cant sleep on my side still hold my stomach when i get up out of a chair cant turn side to side without pain in the port area.  I keep hoping ever single day it will be better but its not.  The incision is healed the pain is sharp and stabbing when i stand or sit.  Allergy season for me ha**** so the sneezing is just kiling me.  Any help would be appreaciated.

A better day is a smile away

dmstear
on 9/1/09 12:30 pm
I too am 4wks post op, and and actually just today started having port pain. I actually thought it slipped or moved. But mine is closer to my belly button than my side. I don't think your pain should be that bad though, call your dr. asap- just to be safe.
zparticle
on 9/1/09 12:44 pm
It's different for everyone.  I think it took me two months post op before the pain went away.  It came back for a week after I had a particularly rough fill.  The guy kind of pulled on the port when removing the needle and that caused a lot of pain for a week or so.
Rachel DiLo
on 9/2/09 5:14 am
mine hurt pretty bad for about a month and a half. i slept with an ice pack to keep it numb. if its really bad tho id call the dr, if nothing is wrong the least he can do is give u some kind of pain meds. thats what mine did. good luck!
*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

LIsa M.
on 9/2/09 11:35 am - Manahawkin, NJ
ive only had it done less two weeks ago and my port still hurts which makes it hard to run on a treadmill.  from what i'm seeing here i have a few more weeks left of this pain.
Dejewels
on 9/10/09 12:21 pm - Andrew, IA
So I asked them about this when i went to my fill.  The Dr. told me im just extra sensative.  They gave me some pain patches for it and that seems to help a little.
A better day is a smile away

Most Active